Corruption

He could feel the tentacle slide up his leg, holding him in place, he knew he wouldn't get out because no one was there to save him.

"You die as you live, uselessly..." the voice from the corruption hissed, this time Scott heard it, like Aimsey did on that first day.

Scott had stopped fighting back, he knew what he had to do, "I am dying to protect my brother, I'd do anything for my brother. For Acho, I would give the world. I am not useless if I am protecting someone."

"Scott Denholm, ever the hero he is. Well this time there is no one to save the hero from the fate of death. Say goodbye Scott Denholm," the tentacle worked it's way up to Scott's neck, choking him out.

Scott let his eyes close, counting the moments until his death, he was ready and had so few regrets but death was not ready to come to collect him on this day.

"Let go of my friend."

No, it couldn't be, Scott had to be hearing things, it couldn't be them, they were dead, right?

The corrupted voices sounded displeased yet the corruption itself let him go, sending him crashing into the stone ground.

"Scott, are you alright?" It was Aimsey, but how? They were gone, they had to be.

"You're dead... I shouldn't be able to see you... unless... am I dead?" Scott grabbed at his chest to feel for a heartbeat.

"I'm not dead, I'm corrupted. I did for Guq what you wanted to do for Acho, while I got further than you, it wasn't able to finish me off either. I am living and so are you. Now run along, Acho's boat has just docked," Aimee disappeared into a wisp of purple smoke.

Scott could hear his sibling calling for him but first, he set a chest down to leave a few gifts for his saviour including food, gold and a map showing the way back to the Isle.