二十二 | 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - T W O

'Nice. I'm at the back. I can practically see everyone. Maybe I can sleep once I've finished..' Maniko thought, looking around the room for his teammates. 'Sakura doesn't seem as stressed as before. Of course she wouldn't.. She's the smartest on the team.'

He then looked at Sasuke. He could only see the back of his head, but nevertheless, by his posture alone, he seemed determined.

And then, Naruto... Who was absolutely freaking out.

'Eh.. We haven't even started the exam yet..' Maniko sweatdropped at the panicky boy. Realistically, he should be panicking just as much, because he also never ever listened in Iruka Sensei's lessons.

'Hmm.. He's sat next to Hinata, so maybe he'll be okay.' He thought.

Maniko then looked to his right, considering he was in the left corner, and..

'Oh God..' He thought, looking at the redhead who was already looking at him. Not even the slightest attempt of discretion.

He was totally staring!

'His name was Gaara, right..? Why isn't he saying anything?! He's just looking directly at me!' Maniko thought, breaking eye contact to face the front. But, from the corner of his eye, he could still notice those sea foam eyes burning into the side of his head.

'Uhm... Should I say something to him..?!' Maniko panicked.

Eventually, he built up the courage to say something to the redhead, regardless of his extremely intimidating aura.

"Pst.. Hey, good luck!" He whisper-yelled to Gaara. Maniko only sweatdropped when the other boy refused to speak. Gaara stared for a little bit longer, before turning to face the front.

'His social skills definitely aren't the greatest..' Maniko deadpanned, also turning to face the front. 'Noted.'

"Everyone, eyes front. There are a few rules you need to be aware of. And, I won't answer any questions. So, you better pay attention first time around!" Ibiki started, writing on the chalk board.

"Rule number one. The written part of the exam is conducted on a Point Reduction System. You all begin the test with a score of ten points. One point will be deducted for each answer you get wrong."

"Rule number two. Teams will pass or fail, based on the final score of all their team members."

This rule resulted in most of the candidates gasping in surprise.

"Rule number three. The sentinels you see positioned around the room, are there to watch you carefully for any signs of cheating. And for every incident they spot, is a minus two points."