Trackstar Antelope: Volume 21

Start from the beginning

"And quite frankly, we don't understand how no one from your school sees anything wrong with an herbivore being an athlete. It's natural only for us carnivores to be faster, better and stronger in every aspect." Masama adds, bearing his sharp fangs. "It'd be an insult to let someone like you compete"

He moves forward, still showing his carnivorous teeth. Fassid looks on, entertained by what's happening before him. I'm now face to face with Masama; he's slightly shorter than me, but he's definitely stronger than me

"You know what most carnivores get to learn about themselves as adults?" he asks me. I don't answer. "We learn our true strengths and powers as perfectly bred beasts." I'm confused by what he means by this.

"For example..." Fassid begins from behind. "Us Secretary Birds are known for using our short beaks to stun or capture our prey. Once they're weak, we use our powerful talons and feet to stomp them to death."

I try to ignore Fassid, gleefully tapping his powerful legs in anticipation. I never knew carnivores were aware of their power, they shouldn't be allowed to tell me of things like this

"As for me, a Eurasian Lynx, things get a bit more... serious." Masama says. He then places his hand firmly on my chest, pinning me against a wall. He leans in and whispers. "Allow me to give you a demonstration." I tremble in fear; only he knows how strong and scary he can be. Whatever it is, I doubt he uses only his hands or legs to kill. His hands are padded in super soft fur, and his legs aren't that strong... at least, it doesn't look like it.

"I'm sure you noticed my well-padded hands. They're an evolutionary trait that allows me to silently stalk prey. Not even the best ears in the world could detect me. For someone your size, I'd probably pounce on your back, causing you to collapse under the sudden, unexpected weight." He says, while pushing me into the wall even harder.

"From there, a single bite into the neck. You'll both bleed and suffocate at the same time as I rip through your trachea." Masama adds. He then gently bites into my neck, causing me to panic internally. "I'd eat your neck and shoulders, and stow you away for later. No wonder I made it this far into the High Jump event, because some lynxes can jump 2 meters straight up with no problem. With the help of your flesh and blood, maybe I could smash a record on Wednesday." He says, whispering into my ear again. He then grips onto my shirt and slings me onto the ground. Fassid walks over, amused by the amount of power he holds.

"Soon, we'll be able to find out what Brown Bears are capable of." Fassid says. "Thanks to you, or some other poor sucker" he then sets one foot on my back and kneels down to me. "It should be exciting to see how quickly he destroys and devours "The Herbivore Athlete". I'd give him 5 seconds to kill you with his bare hands." He then throws my bag onto my back.

"Get out of here, you little runt. Never forget what happened today. We run you, control you, decide your fate, and yet, you alone continue to play with carnivores like us. Go on, cry to your friends and your teachers; they won't believe that you were assaulted by us." Masama says. I cowardly get up and out of the change room, tightly clutching onto my bag.

Chapter 184: Struggle for Safety

I barely even notice myself moving, as I'm so focused on getting back to Sam and Coach Harris as quickly as I can.

"Alright, Jamel, we're about to go" Coach Harris says to me. As if I'm hypnotised into doing what carnivores say, I move out to the door. I can barely control myself at this point, until I suddenly bump into both Sam and Abe on the way out.

"Oh, Jamel, there you are. I was wondering where you'd gone off to" Sam says, relieved. I worry him too much.

"Hey, what happened to your arm?" Abe points out. I notice a large, purple patch on my arm, a bruise. I must have gotten it when Masama threw me to the ground.