The commotion began in the room while his attention went to his wife who was crying and groaning in pain while digging her nails into his hand. 

"Everything will be okay," he whispered as tears formed in his eyes. She nodded while crying silently, holding his hand more tightly. 

He placed kisses on her hair and caressed her head to comfort her. 

After a long hour of struggle and pain finally, a shrill cry of a baby resonates in the room making the couple cry in joy. 

"It's a baby girl," the doctor happily said, holding up their baby girl, who was crying loudly. 

Preet smiles widely and Veer joins their heads together while looking at their newborn baby. Their eyes shone with extreme happiness and tears of joy.

"My baby," Veer whispered, placing his lips on Preet's temple.

A nurse took the baby from the doctor's hand to clean her after the doctor cut her umbilical cord. 

After a while, Preet again felt pain and knows her other baby was ready to come. 

And after 10 minutes, the loud cry of their second baby filled the room, joining his/her twin. 

"It's a baby girl again!" Veer chuckled happily while Preet smiled brightly. 

The nurse took her to where her twin was. 

Preet slowly turns her head to Veer who is smiling brightly at her.

"Thank you so much for giving these little angels to me, Jaan. I love you," he whispered and kissed her forehead. 

She sighs and closes her eyes in contentment. She is feeling her body giving up but she wanted to feel her baby girls before that. 

Soon a nurse comes to them holding their babies in her hands. Veer felt heart skip a beat as his eyes on his little dolls wrapped in a white blanket.

A sudden protective instinct arises inside him to protect these fragile dolls, that god bestows on them as a blessing

His little pieces of heart.

For them, he is ready to die or kill if he has to. They are his heartbeats. 

The nurse placed them in his arms gently. He went still feeling their weight. They are as light as cotton. Tears escape from his eyes looking at their angelic faces. He bent toward Preet letting her see their precious creation. 

"They are so small and cute!!" Preet whispered looking at her babies in awe. She can't believe her babies are finally here in front of her. 

Veer grinned while nodding his head.

It feels like just yesterday she got to know about her pregnancy and here she is staring at these tiny humans that they made.

"Hii babies," she lovingly greeted them, brushing her fingers on their soft red cheeks with her.