44.

Veer was discussing the project details with the financial manager in his office. After talking with him, he comes out of his office. Now finally he can go home. His work is done for today.

He put his hand in his pocket to check the time on the phone but then sigh loudly remembering he left his phone on his desk.

He went to his desk and packed up his work before leaving the office. He keeps his phone in his pocket without looking at it. He waited for a taxi standing on the side of the road. After 10 minutes, an auto stopped in front of him.

He sat inside the auto and told his address and leaned against the seat, feeling tired after a long day of working. Now all he wants is rest.

Suddenly he frowned and looked around feeling like someone was calling him. Suddenly he started feeling restless but couldn't understand the reason.

Preet closed her eyes tightly ready for the hard blow but she could feel anything instead heard a loud thud.

She looks ahead, opening her teary eyes to see Rohan on the ground. She saw two police officers there. One of them went to him and slapped him hard before raising him while holding his collar.

While standing in front of her and helping her to stand. She groaned in pain, placing her hand on her wound.

"Do you know him, Miss?" She looked at the police when he asked her. She gulped and nodded her head weakly.

But then her eyes fell on Anaya lying on the ground, her face covered with blood. With great difficulty, he ran to her and sat beside her.

"Anaya!! Wake up, dear. Please open your eyes, bachcha. You are fine, see…" she cried and pressed her wound with her dupatta.

"Ma'am, we should take her to the hospital. She is bleeding badly," the officer said who helped her.

"Please help me, sir," she begged him, looking at Anaya worriedly.

They help her and Anaya to get to the hospital.

Preet is looking at the emergency room door in daze. Her whole body is shaking badly for two reasons, first she is still in shock of whatever happened to them and secondly due to the pain. But because she was wearing black, blood was visible to anyone. She also ignores her pain as right now as all she wants is for Anaya to be fine.

"Ma'am, you have filed a case against that man. We arrested him. But we want the victim's statement before proceeding further, " The police told her, who accompanied her to the hospital as it is a police case.

Preet looks at him with a blank face and opens her lips to say something but nothing comes out of her throat.

"Ca..n I call my h..husba..and?" she whispered in a hoarse voice.

After looking at her state, the officer nodded his head and gave her his phone.

She thanked him and took his phone and dial Veer's number with her fingers trembling badly.

Tears filled her eyes thinking about Veer.

She took a shaky sigh and cleared her throat before placing the phone near her ears. She waits for Veer to pick up the call.

"Hello?" came a deep voice of her husband making her weak.

She parted trembling her lips and close her eyes,
"V..eer," she whispered with her helpless voice. She wants him with her.

"Preet?!" he asked in a shocking and worried voice.

She nodded crying silently,
"Ve..er, I..pleas..e come here," she said in a low voice hiccuping badly.