12

Enjoy Reading...

******************************

Preet slowly opens her eyes and blinks a few times to clear her vision. She looks to her right side and finds darkness with stars twinkling through the glass window.
She stay like this for a few minutes processing everything that happened with her back in the restaurant.

Then slowly look to the other side of the room to see Veer sleeping in a very uncomfortable position while sitting on the couch. Tears filled in her eyes as she thought of his words from last night.

She sighs taking a deep breath. Glancing at him, she started staring at the ceiling.

Suddenly feeling thirsty, she saw a water jug on the side table and sat up with difficulty. A low hiss escapes from her lips when she put sudden pressure on her right hand which is connected to IV. She quickly looks up and sighs seeing Veer still sleeping.

As she lift the jug to pour the water into the glass, the jug slipped from her hand creating a loud noise as the glass jug shattered into pieces. She let out a loud gasp and cover her mouth in shock.

The noise startled Veer making him jump out of his sleep. His gaze fell on Preet and he run toward her thinking she hurt herself or something.

"Preet! You okay?!" he asked cupping her face while his eyes worried scan her body for any injury.

Preet comes out the shock and stares at his scared face. She can feel his concern. Her heart slip a beat feeling his soft caressing on her cheeks. She is loving his attention and worries for her.

Suddenly realizing what he was doing, he pull his hands back and look away masking his emotions behind his cold eyes.

His eyes fell on the floor where glass pieces is shattered along with water.
Looking back at Preet who is looking down on her lap fidgeting with her fingers.

"You want water?" he asked in a low soft voice. She nodded, not looking at him.

Without saying anything, he went out of the room. Preet look at the closed door.

He came back in a while with a water bottle. He quickly opens the bottle cap and pours water for her into a glass before giving her the glass.
But her hand was shaking due to weakness. Veer was about to hold the glass for her but she stop him saying,
"I can manage myself, you don't have to trouble yourself,"

Her words and coldness in her voice pinch his inside but still, he sat beside her on the bed making her look at him.
He holds the glass for her and brings it to her lips without saying a word. She stares at him without drinking water.
"Let's keep our issues aside for a while, Preet. Once you are fine and strong enough that we can argue as much as we want. Come on," he said looking at her innocent yet emotionless face.

It is quite surprising for Preet to hear his light tone for the first time. Keeping her face blank, Preet slowly drinks from his hand as her body is shaking due to weakness. She is not in the mood to argue with him when he is right.

He smile internally as she was looking super adorable while drinking water hastily like a small baby. Seems like she is quite thirsty.
He wipe her lips with tissue paper after she drank a whole glass of water.

"Is there anything else you want?" she shake her head and again lay down ignoring his gaze on her. She turn her face on the other side. Veer sighed and sat on the chair beside her bed.

"You don't have to sit here for me? You can sleep," she told him still looking away from him.

"I am fine. I am not sleepy," saying he pull out his phone from his pocket and got busy with it.