Chapter 7

After saying goodbye to Shikaku and Chouza, Naruto and Hinata led Akane back to the park but a different one than the one they originally were going to go to. Mostly because the new choice was much closer and they didn't want to risk running into Gai again. It wouldn't do any good to chase down the fox girl all over again or have her end up attacking the taijutsu expert like she did Kakashi. It might have been funny to watch, but it would just tell Akane it was okay to attack Konoha ninja, and the two chuunin wanted to discourage that kind of behavior.

When they got to the park Hinata smiled to see her sensei Kurenai out with her two-year old son Sorata. She was sitting on a bench in the shade reading a romance novel and holding her sleeping son in her other arm. "Hello Kurenai-sensei. Good to see you today." Hinata called out, her voice only a little louder than its normal volume.

Kurenai heard her student, turned to face her, and smiled. "Good morning Hinata-chan. How are you and Naruto-kun today?" She then noticed Akane between the two. "Oh, and who's this with you?"

Akane looked at the genjutsu user. "Hi, I'm Akane. So you like smut too?" She indicated the book Kurenai had in her hands.

Kurenai, Naruto, and Hinata all gave the young girl horrified looks. "Akane-chan, not all books are smutty. And Kurenai-sensei wouldn't read that kind of perverted stuff." Naruto told her.

"Thanks Naruto. And no girl, this is just a normal story book." Kurenai added. 'With a few steamy parts thrown in occasionally, but they don't need to know that.'

"S-sorry about that Kurenai-sensei." Hinata apologized.

"No problem Hinata-chan. I take it she ran into Kakashi-san earlier?" Kurenai asked her student. Hinata nodded. "Figures. Why else would she think an adult with a book is a pervert?"

Akane looked over at the playground part of the park and tugged on Naruto's leg. "Otou-san, can I go there for a while?"

"Sure. Go have some fun." He told her with a smile.

Akane ran over and first went on an open swing. She had a hard time getting started so Naruto came over and began pushing her. Hinata sat down and watched the two, Akane smiling and asking to go higher and Naruto pushing her with a small grin himself. Hinata couldn't help but feel pleased watching them both.

"So, care to tell me why that girl called Naruto her father?" Kurenai whispered as she put down her book, marking her place, and reaching into her bag to get out a juicebox for Sorata when he woke up.

"He adopted her. Actually, she adopted him to be more accurate." Hinata answered, never tearing her eyes away from her favorite blonde.

"So that must make you her mother, right?" Kurenai asked, slightly teasing and slightly serious at the same time.

Hinata blushed then looked down and pressed her index fingers together. "W-well... umm... I... umm... I..."

"Relax Hinata-chan. It's okay if you two don't have that kind of bond yet. And judging by how you and Naruto-kun have been, I'm betting soon that you will be called 'Okaa-san' sooner or later." Kurenai said so her student wouldn't blow a gasket or something.

"Y-you... r-really th-think so?" Hinata asked with a blush, and Kurenai could actually see a glimmer of hope in the Hyuuga's pale lavender eyes.