Chapter 31

Akane had managed to catch Naruto's scent and bolted after him like he was some sort of foxnip. She was very worried for him if he was about to have to face against Madara. Ignoring the voice of reason that said 'You're just a child you'll get hurt if you go there', Akane felt compelled to go right into the line of fire. Her justification? She now knew how to truly kill the ancient Uchiha, and planned on doing just that.

'If Evil-Eye-jiji tries to hurt Otou-san, I'll do to him what I did to those retard foxes.' Akane thought to herself as she zipped thru the forest floor outside the city, not jumping from branch to branch like shinobi would. Back when she told Hinata about how she got away, she actually edited that event so that her mother wouldn't be so bothered by what she had done.

-Flashback-

Akane's body, in her fox form, glowed for a moment and then stopped. She slumped on the ground looking like she needed a nap. The ten foxes around her, eight of which had been running the place of the old kyuubi's absence, curiously walked up towards her to see what had happened.

"Did it work?" A brown vixen with seven tails asked.

Jushiro shrugged. "According to the instructions, that should have allowed the precious identity to return to the body. And since Kyuubi-sama is much stronger willed than this uncouth kit, I'd say it's a guarantee. We probably just have to wait for it to finish inside her mind."

So they kept watch over her, expecting her to wake up as the old fox ruler. When she stayed still too long for Gen's likings, he crept closer and nudged her softly with his paw. Next thing he knew, he didn't have a paw anymore.

Akane jumped to all fours, waving her tails furiously and snarling like a rabid animal, with Gen's paw dangling from her jaws. She spat it out but looked ready to bite off more. Gen howled in pain and fell on his side, trying to stop the bleeding and the pain with help from a few others.

"What is the meaning of this?" Jushiro demanded, looking angry and confused.

"I'm not going to explain, jiji-teme. Instead I'm just going to hurt you." Akane growled and then pounced at him. Taking him completely by surprise, she managed to make a lucky hit and sink her fangs into his jugular. When she pulled away she took a few pieces of his flesh with her, giving him a very nasty fatal wound. "Yuck, I'm going to be tasting that for weeks. I need some ramen right away."

Two of the other foxes snapped out of their shock and tried to subdue Akane. But she retaliated by creating four shadow clones using her paws to make the hand signs. While they defended her, she took the opportunity to change back into her normal human form. Now she felt more confident in her fighting skills. Meanwhile, the other foxes, sans Gen, Jushiro, and one fox trying to mend Gen's wound, had surrounded her like guard dogs.

"So you like to gang up on kits and push them around, do ya?" Akane said before creating about eighty shadow clones. "Allow me to return the favor."

A swarm of clones descended on the foxes and tore into them like rabid Inuzukas. The foxes fought back and managed to destroy some of the clones, but sheer numbers overpowered them. By the time all the clones dispelled, all the foxes that had ganged up on Akane were now torn to bits.

"What is the matter with you? You didn't have to do that." A purple fox with six tails, the one that had stayed out of the fight to look over Gen, stated in shock and disgust.