Chapter 23

Tsunade was in such a good mood from what Akane had caused she gave all shinobi the day off, only being required to do something if the village or their families were in danger. Besides, there were only D-rank missions available that day anyway and none couldn't wait until tomorrow. Notices were given out to all ninja to relax and not to even think about getting rid of the paint on the mountain under penalty of a session with Ibiki. She also told Naruto and Hinata not to even think of punishing her for this little act, and to decide when her birthday was going to be.

When night came a little get-together was held for the hokage, attended by Naruto, Hinata, Shizune, Sakura, and several other medics and ninjas close to Tsunade. Akane asked to come and Tsunade almost let her, but Naruto pointed out there would be more boring 'grown-up talk' and he didn't want her surrounded by a bunch of people trying to destroy their livers one sip at a time. So the fox girl ended up having to be somewhere else for the night. Hanabi volunteered to watch her over at Naruto's place, and since Hinata didn't mind, he agreed.

Naruto left the apartment with Hinata to go to one of Tsunade's favorite bars, but not after telling Akane and Hanabi what he would and wouldn't allow to have happen while he was gone. When he did leave, Hanabi closed the door with a mischievous grin. "So then, while the adults go off and have fun, we'll have our own here won't we?"

"Got something in mind Obasan?" Akane asked curiously.

"Why don't we got embarrass one of them where they are?" Hanabi suggested, not really serious at all.

"Already got that taken care of."

"What? Really? How?" Hanabi asked.

"I knew there would be a lot of drinking so I had a shadow clone pick one random bottle and mixed a laxative in it and put it back with the others. So the only question is which adult will be the unlucky one." Akane explained playfully.

Hanabi at first just stared at her, but then she just couldn't hold in the laughter anymore and fell down clutching her sides. "Oh this I gotta see. I don't care which one it is, I have to see this one." She then grabbed Akane's arm and practically hauled her off before she could protest.

When they were heading down the streets, Hanabi suddenly had to stop. "Something wrong, Obasan?" Akane asked.

"Umm... which bar did they go to?"

Akane shrugged. "I thought you knew. You were the one leading just now after all."

"Hi Hanabi-chan, what you doing here this time of night?" Konohamaru greeted the Hyuuga heiress, surprised to see her since she was usually at the Hyuuga compound by now.

"Oh, hi Konohamaru-kun. I'm just watching my niece." She told him, trying to hide her blush. Like Hinata with Naruto, Hanabi had known Konohamaru since the academy and had a bit of a crush on him. Apparently both Hyuuga heiresses had the same taste in men. She didn't say anything about it, not due to shyness, but fear that he really liked Moegi instead. One can just imagine how she felt when their genin teams had been assigned and Moegi was paired with her crush instead of her. Not that she disliked her own team mates, but like Hinata she wanted to be with someone specific.

Akane decided to butt in. "We're going to go watch some adult drink a laxative without knowing it. But we're not sure where they are just yet."

Konohamaru arched an eyebrow. "Some adult? Who?"

Akane shrugged. "Maybe Baa-chan, Shizune-obasan, Cotton Candy Head, or even Otou-san or Okaa-san or someone else. No idea which one will pick the unlucky bottle." She then tried sniffing the area without being obvious about it.