Chapter 21

Fearing Sasuke making a destructive return the longer they stayed there, Naruto and his group decided to leave Wave and head back to Konoha. Tsunami and her family thanked them for their visit and looked forward to seeing them again in a few months. So they checked out of their hotel and went home, stopping only to sleep and work on Akane's and Shiba's training. The two girls were both happy that before they got back they both could walk up a tree without hands easily.

When they got back inside Konoha the first place they went to was the Inuzuka estate to drop off Shiba and her partners. Her parents were glad to see she had a good time and thanked Naruto for taking her along. After that and Akane and Shiba said goodbye to one another, they headed to the hokage tower. Tsunade was there, looking like she had been expecting them. "Tell me what happened." She then looked briefly at Hinata, then back at Naruto. "About encountering Sasuke, that is."

"He came out of nowhere saying he wanted 'my tenant.'" Naruto told the hokage, who's eyes briefly looked at Akane. "Then he started fighting me and Hinata. We held him back, but he got Akane-chan involved."

Tsunade noticed the lack of the 'chan' suffix Naruto used for Hinata, and then looked at the little girl again, worried this time. "He didn't hurt you, did he?"

Akane unhappily nodded. "Yeah, the evil-eyed emo did. But I got him good too." She finished with a confident smirk.

"Oh did you now?" Tsunade asked.

"Yep, Baa-chan. Tore that guy up. Otou-san told me about him, and I only wish I did more than almost scratch his brooding face off." Akane added.

'I love this kid.' Tsunade gleamed, then looked at Naruto. "And then?"

"We were about to do Kami-knows-what to him for endangering Akane-chan. Council wants be damned at the time. Hinata got burned by him, but before we could really do much more, Akane-chan frightened him off by doing a partial transformation. You just know he's going to try something again, baa-chan."

Akane looked up at Naruto. "Otou-san, is it okay for us both to call her Baa-chan? Isn't that sorta odd?"

"She's right, gaki. Guess that means you've gotta call me Hokage-sama from now on." Tsunade said.

"How about sake-sama instead?" Naruto grumbled.

Tsunade looked like she wanted to punch him but thought it would be a bad idea for some reason. So she just took a deep breath and rested her chin on her clasped hands. "Well, back on subject, I'll inform all ANBU and village guards to keep an eye out for Sasuke Uchiha and handle him with extreme cautious and suspicion of hostility. If he wounds or kills any ninja, he is to be treated like any criminal irregardless of lineage, and if he gets any civilians involved, attack to kill."

Tsunade then turned to Akane and comfortingly smiled. "Now Akane-chan, why don't you go outside and have some fun? We're going to be having some grown-up talk now and you'd be bored anyway."

"Thanks, Baa-chan!" Akane said as she headed out the door, not waiting to get permission from either Naruto or Hinata first.

When the girl left, Tsunade regained Naruto and Hinata's attention before they chased off after her. "Now then, tell me what I really want to hear about."

Hinata was the first to get the message, and showed her left hand with a bright smile. Tsunade had already seen the ring, since Naruto asked her to hold onto it so Hinata's byakugan wouldn't spot it in his apartment. But still, actually seeing it on the Hyuuga girl's finger was something else. And it was an impressive ring. Actual gold with three 15 karat diamonds placed right into the band so she wouldn't have to worry about damaging it if she got in a fight with it on.