Putting a Puzzle Together in The Dark

Linda's POV

I ran across the sand heading for the pier, I could feel them getting closer behind me. I wiped my tears away as I picked up the pace. I ran through the darkness, feeling the cold sand press against my bare feet. I turned my head to face the monster as I ran, I stared at the black mask they wore covering there face. I turned back tripping over my feet and landing on the hard sand. "Please, stop, please" I screamed as they walked towards me.

I quickly sat up. Wiping my eye as I realized it was a dream. I had been getting them all night. These flashbacks that would haunt me. Follow me everyone. They were mostly the same thing, me running across the beach in fear in the darkness. At least it meant I was getting closer to remembering. Luke promised me that he would take me to the beach today to try and remember. Part of me didn't want to remember but the other half dreamed of finding the monster that had done this to me.

I heard a knock at the door it was Luke, "Hey, you ready" he still looked at me as if I was scarred, as if I was a different person. "Um, yeah give me five minutes" I said getting up and kissing him on the cheek.

Luke's POV

I waited urgently, almost counting down the seconds. Ever since it happened I didn't like leaving Linda alone even for a split second. She walked into the kitchen slowly. She looked beautiful; it was amazing how she could look so perfect without a touch of makeup. "Are you sure you want to do this" I asked one last time. "I don't want to, I have to" she replied fiercely.

Linda's POV

We walked across the beach slowly, heading for the pier. I looked around analysing every detail. The way the waves moved, the way the sand beamed. Suddenly my head started to rush, I quickly took a seat on a nearby rock. "What happened are you okay?" quickly asked Luke. "I'm fine, it's just"

"Stop please" I cried. "No, get away" I said as I slowly moved away. They started to slowly approach me. "Please don't" I said reaching for a nearby rock. I quickly smacked the rock across the black mask covering their face. I got up and quickly raced to the pier as they screamed in pain.

"Linda, Linda" shouted Luke. "Um sorry, I remembered something" I replied doubtfully. "What it is?" He asked curiously. "It happened here, they chased me all the way to this exact spot, and I tripped and I" I started to cry. He hugged me tight. "It's okay, you're safe" he said comforting me. "and I hit them across the head with a rock and ran to the pier and that's all I can remember right now" I said still sobbing. "I think that's all you need to remember right now, let's go home" he said getting up and heading across the beach. I got up and turned to the pier as if it mocked me, as if it kept my memory captive, letting me try and put the piece of a puzzle together in the dark. "You coming" Luke smiled at me. "Yeah" I said racing by his side and hugging him tight.

A.N

Sorry I haven't uploaded in awhile!! I will definitely be uploading more frequently!!