Chapter 4

Next day

Kapoor's house

Today was a big day for the Kapoor family

Today was a big day for the Kapoor family. They were expecting Rihaan's family to come over and finalize the wedding date with Inaya.

The house was all decked up for the occasion. Mr. Kapoor was thrilled to see his old friend, Mr. Singhania, after so many years.

He was busy overseeing the arrangements and making sure everything was perfect. Mrs. Kapoor was in the kitchen, preparing some delicious dishes with the help of Shanaya.

Inaya, on the other hand, was not at all excited. She had made it clear to everyone that she didn't want to get married yet, and she didn't care who Rihaan was or what he did.

She had locked herself in her room, pretending to have an online meeting with a client. She wished she could escape this whole drama somehow.

Inaya's grandparents had also arrived from their village. Mr. Kapoor had forgotten to tell them about Mr. Singhania's visit. He hoped they would get along well and not create any trouble.

5:30 pm

"jaldi karo wo aate hi honge ." Inaya's father asked Inaya's mother anxiously.

("Hurry up, they will be here soon")

"Is Inaya ready?" he added.

Then Inaya's mother said calmly, "No, we are just going to get her ready. Shanaya, you go to her room for now, I'll come in a little while."

In the room, Shanaya said to Inaya, "Didi, you get ready, jiju's family is coming to see you. Wear this saree, you will look very beautiful in it.

Get ready quickly, I guess they have arrived, I can hear some voices outside. I'll go and check once, ok sister. Don't be nervous, you are beautiful and smart and you will make a great impression.

----------------------------

INAYA'S POV -

Today is a big day for me. The boy's family, who have seen my photo and liked me, are coming to our house to fix the date of the wedding.

I am feeling very nervous today, as I have never met them before. I don't know anything about the boy, his personality, his likes and dislikes, his education and career.

I don't know what his family is like, how they will treat me, what they will expect from me.

And today my grumpy grandmother (Mrs Reevti kapoor) is also coming, who always finds fault in everything I do.

She always criticizes my appearance, my behavior, my choices. She thinks I am not good enough for anyone.

And my lovely grandfather(Mr Anand kapoor) is also coming, who loves me a lot and supports me in everything. He always encourages me and praises me. He wants me to be happy and fulfilled. But he can't stand up to my grandmother, who dominates him.