Prologue - Part II: Lost among the stars

Warnings: Major Character Death, Idk caves?? Everything else is chill.

Abvolate (Definition): (rare) to fly away.

(Verb / Origin: English(?) / Ab·​vo·​late)

Location Unknown – 28th October 1707 AD (Earth time) – Estimated Year 4,004,049 of The Great War – Co-ordinates Lat: N/A , Long: N/A

Aqua Rider scowled at the incessant beeping that pierced her audials, the noise from her scanner becoming increasingly louder with every step she took. The insufferable sound echoed off the jagged rock walls as she trod deeper into the cave and she made sure to keep a hold of the dry rock on the right side, watching her step as to not fall into the black abyss of the underground lake beside her. The vast body of water greedily swallowed up the light whenever she pointed at it, the femme becoming unnerved as its gaping maw looked as if it went on down forever.

With a shudder, she carried on further, red optics darting at the scanner in her servo every so often for the pulsing dots that lead her to what the more powerful scanners on her ship had promised. She had left her small, one-mech vessel above the surface, it's advanced cloaking technology allowing it to camouflage itself with the look and texture of its environment, and with a quick check to her HUD, the systems seemed to be holding the disguise up.

'Enough to fool the natives.' Aqua thought to herself with a smirk, recalling the short trip she had taken to investigate the nearest settlement, the holoform she acquired allowing her to blend in with the locals of 'Edo' seamlessly.

Unease began to creep up her spinal struts as the walls of the cave started to narrow, and she twitched at every drop of freezing water that landed on her frame. What finally pushed her over the edge was when she walked face first into a low hanging stalactite, letting out a frustrated shout as her helm collided with the fragile structure, her fist following not long after, shattering into the rock and sending it flying across the cave and into the darkness her light could not reach. A moment later a crash was heard, and with a huff, she stomped on.