Chapter 18

Days passed away quickly in post-wedding rituals and now Nani was ready to take her leave as well. "Nani ji kuch din aur ruk jaati aap.." Bondita pleaded while Priyamvada supported.

"Jaana padega bahu, par tum dil chotta mat karo. Mera Maan toh kehta hai jaldi hi aana padega dobara mujhe, bas iss baar ka nimantran tumhare godbharai ka hona chahiye, samjhi na.." Bondita blushed red. "Arey dekho toh kese sharam rahi hai yeh Sulekha bahu...." And the ladies giggled. Observing Bondita's devotion and dedication towards her family melted Sushama's heart. She readily forgived her.

Priyamvada and Somnath took Nani's blessings. "Swabhagyawati bhava" Sushama blessed Bondita and caressed Anirudh's face lovingly. "Khush raho."

Priya felt a drop of sweat on her forehead as she entered the kitchen to prepare for her first rasoi. As the cooking activity is correlated to girls, she acknowledged the skill from her teenage years but never have she ever handled it entirely by herself. "Didi, nashte mein kya banau?" She asked Bondita who was already working against the clock. "Halwa, bana logi?" Priya nodded in yes and Bondita gave her a smile.

The burning smell attracted Bondita attention and she quickly pulled the vessel off chulla. Priya panicked and her head bowed in shame, "mujhe maaf kar dijiye Didi" Bondita understood her nervousness and fear. "Arey koi baat nahi, dusra bana dete hai fatafat. Dukhi maat ho Priya, aaj subh din hai." Priya gave her a half hearted smile.

"Halwa bas ban hi gaya hai, mein jaldi se luchiya bana leti hu. Nahi toh thodi hi der mein sab log bhuk lagi hai ka nara chalu kar denge. Koyli didi jab tak table set kar rahi hai, tum sabke liye chai banado. Kaka sasurji ki gud wali, sasurji ki english tea and Somnath dada aur batuk ki  sakhar wali chai. Thik hai?" Priya readily agreeded. "Aur didi jethji, woh kya lenge?"

"Pati Babu coffee pete hai, sirf mere haatho se bani hui." His name itself brought a smile on Bondita face. "Acchaa" Priya teased and ran away giggling.

Priya served everyone according to their tastes. Even though the tea wasn't up to the mark, everyone gulfed down quietly.
Somnath gifted Priya with a saree and a plate full of grains, promising to take care of her throughout his life, completing their wedding rituals by the ceremony of bhaat kapor. But the most beautiful gift, was finding a sister in Bondita for Priya.

After breakfast Anirudh returned to his study and started reading the newspaper awaiting for his coffee. That's when he heard the jingling sound of her anklets. He felt happy listening to the subtle sound of her footsteps nearing as it hinted she was happy. 'i don't know how and when I mastered the art of understanding your moods through the sound and pace of your footsteps Bondita'. Interrupting his thoughts Bondita entered the study with a tray.

"Yeh lijiye aapki coffee" she said forwarding the tray towards me.

Batuk quickly snatched his cup. "Batuk! Woh meri coffee hai. Idhar lao cup." Anirudh almost whined. "Par ab meri hai.." but he made batuk surrender. Bondita was taken back by Anirudh's sudden change in behaviour, but she was thoroughly enjoying this banter.

"Dekho na Boudi, dada kese bechare baache ke muh se niwala chin rahe hai." Batuk shed crocodile tears making him look helpless, gaining Bondita's sympathy. "Yeh chinna vegera thik hai, par bechara!" Anirudh chuckled.

"Boudi..." Batuk whined. "Pati Babu.." Bondita defended her devar.

"Sahi naam rakha hai aapne inka Rakshas Babu..." Anirudh gave him a stern look "please mere liye ek cup banado na." She smiled. "Aap bana rahi ho toh ek cup mere liye bhi banado na Boudi, ek cup bana rahe ho ya do cup mehnat toh utni hi lagegi na." Somnath hesitatingly requested.

Bondita smiled and walked away to get them coffee. Anirudh took a sip and closed his eyes savouring the taste. He felt elated. There is a lot of magic in her hands, because Anirudh no longer likes anyone else's made food. He have been struggling to make his own coffee since Bondita was in London. Only he knew how much he had craved for this coffee. He discovered he is accustomed to Bondita day by day.