Chapter 8

The Roy Chaudhary haveli was illuminating with hand-painted diyas. Flowers adnored the welcoming nature of hallway by adding freshness and purity to the auspicious celebration. Mangaldeep brass lamps, urli filled with petals, scented incense sticks spread positivity and spirituality in the atmosphere.

Bondita drew vibrant patterns enhancing the aesthetics. "Bahu, pandit ji aate ho honge, tum abhi tak kaamo mein vyast ho. Jao jaldi tayar hokar aao."
"Rangoli ban hi gayi hai, bas 2 minute kaka sasurji." Kaka shook his head looking at her determination.

Anirudh was dressed in red kurta and white colored dhoti. The whole traditional vibe awesomely blending with his physique. Anyone could easily mistake his sun resonating radiating aura with a royal. As he approached Bondita, she blinked dramatically.

"Bondita, yeh tumhare gaalo pe rang..." He pointed towards her cheeks. "Kaha?" She vigorously rubbed adding more cause of her stained hands. "Ruko, Bondita" Anirudh gently wiped with his handerchief. Bondita couldn't take her eyes off him. Their closeness evoked mystical feelings in her heart. "Subha se bhag dhod kar rahi ho. Kya haal bana liya hai aapna?" Bondita looked down at her stained saree, disheveled hairs. "Bas Jaa hi rahi thi tayar hone."

Bondita decked herself in a cream banarasi saree with heavy red borders. To hurry up the process bondita tried to wear a set of bangles at once causing her to whince in pain. "Dheere beta" a soft yet familiar voice ranged in her ears.

"Maa" Bondita whispered. Sumati softly pushed the bangles in her wrist. Bondita teared up in joy and hugged her tightly. "Maa mujhe aaj teri bohot yaad aarhi thi. Tujhe meri yaad aati thi? Tu kesi hai? Aur yaha?" Sumati embraced her quietly. "Shh shant nahi reh sakti tu thodi der..." she spoke and stared at Bondita without blinking.

"Jee bhar ke dekhne de mujhe.." She kept a black dot behind her ear. "Kahi meri hi Nazar na lag jaaye meri baachi ko." She shined like moon. Soft, serene and peaceful.

"Kesi nahi aati, jamai Babu ne khass nimantran diya tha mujhe." Bondita smiled blissfully. "Tere dil ki har unkhahi baat, sun lete hai woh. Nasib lekar janmi hai bondita tu." Sumati teased as she was not unknown towards her feelings for Anirudh. "Bahurani, aapko bade Malik bula rahe hai" Bihari informed.

Bondita sat beside Anirudh, placing her hand in his to perform Pooja as a couple. Panditji instructed them to repeat the mantra after him sincerely. Anirudh saw her praying with folded hands and eyes closed. A subtle smile creeped in his face,
she is so pure. 

Around tea time, both families were involved in serious discussions. Bondita served everyone tea snacks. Somnath cautiously followed her to the kitchen "Boudi, aap bhuli toh nahi na?" He expressed eagerly.

"Itni besabri aachi nahi, somnath dada." He looked down in embarrassment to which Bondita giggled, "Aap benishcit hojaiye, main hu na." She stated confidently.

Bondita made her appearance and spoke clearly enough for everyone to hear, "Dada, aapke liye aspataal se zaroori phone hai." Somnath understood and quickly walked away

"Kaka sasurji, aapki ijazat ho toh Priyamvada ko garden dikha dete hu?" And with everyone's permission bondita sneaked her in study. Priyamvada got shy in somnath's presence and held bondita's hand. "Didi.."

"Tumse ek baar baat karna chahte hai dada, ghabrana maat aur aapne maan ki baat saaf saaf keh dena. Mein idhar hi ho, thik hai?" Priyamvada gave her an assuring smile. "Mein aap dono ka baar intezaar karungi. Jyaada vakt mat lagaiyega Romeo Juliet." Bondita teased them. Their faces turned red in embarrassment.

Bondita looked at them from afar, wondering what would have they talked about if she had met anirudh before marriage. She knew in which conditions Anirudh married her. But that doesn't stop her from fantasizing. "Bondita..." a shiver ran down her spine, she turned to face anirudh.

"Aap ese choro ki tarah kyu darra rahe hai mujhe." she whispered keeping her hand on heart dramatically. "Ulta chor kotwal ko daante. Study ke bahar, tum choro ki tarah kispe nazar rakh Rahi ho." He mimicked her words.

"Aapne mujhe chor kaha?" She raised her left eyebrow and kept hands on waist. "Nahi meine khudko kotwal kaha." He mocked. "Pati Babu" Bondita whined. Before Anirudh could proceed they heard footsteps nearing them. In fear, Bondita pulled him such that his arms rested on the wall behind her practically caging her.

Anirudh's heart skipped a beat when he witnessed her face so close to his. She held his broad shoulders protectively. Her simplicity and authenticity caught his attention. His completely lost himself in her Kohl lined doe eyes. On the other side, Bondita surrendered herself to his scent. She tightened her hold on his shoulders, hiding from the world.

🎶Tere Qareeb Aa Raha Hu
Khud Se Main Door Jaa Raha Hu
Ye Bewajah Toh Nahi Hai
Tu Jo Mila
Dheere Dheere Se Tera Hua
Haule Haule Se Tera Hua
Rafta Rafta Tera Hua
Tere Bin Main Hu Benisha
Dheere Dheere Se Tera Hua
Haule Haule Se Tera Hua
Rafta Rafta Tera Hua
Tere Bin Main Hu Benisha….🎶

Sumati thanked her lord, as she witnessed the giddy smile on her daughter's face. She was reminded of her own words, "Pita ke pyaar ki lakir toh mitta di ishwar ne par pati esa ho jo jeevan mein kabhi pyaar ki lakir chotti hone na de." Her heart felt content. "Bhagwan ji, kisiki Nazar na Lage mere beti jamai ki Jodi ko. shakshat ram siya hai dono."

Somnath cleared his throat thus separating them. "Boudi, woh Romeo Juliet kya keh rahi thi aap thodi der phele?" Teased giving Anirudh a mischievous smile. "Priyamvada chalo hume sab dhund rahe honge." Bondita avoided eye contact due to awkwardness and blushed profoundly.

"Bahu, muh meeta karo sabka. Do hafte baad ki tarikh te hui hai shaddi ki." Kaka announced loudly. Bondita and Anirudh hugged Priyamvada and Somnath respectively. The bride and groom's families exchanged gifts in celebration.

"Maa....maa yeh le rosegulla kha. Somnath dada ki shaadi teh hogai hai." Bondita fed her and gently held her hand. "Mujhe maaf karde maa, aaj ghar mein itna kaam tha ki mein tujhe wakt hi nahi de saki." Her face drowned in worry. "Nahi beta, mein toh teri jitni tarrif karu utni kaam hai. Kitne aache itne bade ghar ki se sab zimmedariya samhal leti hai meri bondita. Betiya kab badi ho jaati hai pata hi nahi chalta. Ese hi aapne parivaar ko khush rakhna." Bondita lied in her lap finding solace in her presence.

____________________________________________

Third update in a row people. Consider yourself lucky 😉 pls comment even when I don't remind you. Like and share Thankyou.