Chapter 13

Her tear stricken face caused a pain in his heart. He kept staring until a strand of hair distributed his view which annoyed him. An unknown desire to push it behind her ear took Anirudh nearer to the bed. He didn't wanted to agitate her sleep. She already had a long day ......

___________________________________________

As the cold wind blew Anirudh noticed her shiver. He took out a blanket to cover her up and eventually noticed her temperature. He quickly touched her forehead and estimated fever.

"Bondita, utho... Bondita?" Anirudh felt his heart come up in mouth. He took some water and flicked it on her face, causing her to open her eyes in next few seconds. She was feeling very disoriented he knew.

"Pati Babu" her voice gave the hint of tiredness. A minute or two later she became aware of her surrounding. "Aaram se" He helped her as she rested her back against the headboard.

He took a morsel from one the plates and held it up to her mouth, gently urging her to eat, which she did.

Anirudh wanted her to have at least a little bit of food inside her before she starts to argue with him- if she decides to do so. And so he kept feeding her morsel by morsel.

It took her a minute to understand what was happening. "Bondita you haven't eaten anything the whole day. Also you have a fever, so eat now." He insisted on her softly as he held the morsel near her mouth. She didn't know why she did, but the tone he used was very tender and caring she couldn't resist. After all, no matter how angry she was with him, no one can change the fact that she loves him.... She allowed herself to revel his care.

She opened her mouth for another bite, just watching Anirudh as he fed her with affectionate expressions.

When she suddenly coughed loudly, Anirudh hurriedly picked up the glass of water and made her drink it slowly, while rubbing the middle of her back to help her ease. Bondita saw him so close with any warning and felt her heart throbbing.

Anirudh was pampering her like a baby, and Bondita couldn't help but was enjoying it to her fullest. Later he forwarded the dessert to her mouth that's when it hit her, he must not had his dinner too.

Refusing to open her mouth, Bondita picked up the cham cham and held it up to his mouth, gesturing with her eyes that she'll only have her desert if he had his dinner. Complying he eat as Bondita feasted on desert, occasionally feeding him.

Anirudh immediately felt the room, her face fell sadly. She closed her eyes resting her head against the headboard. In a few minutes he returned back with medicines for her. "Bondita, yeh dawai khalo isse subhe tak bukhar utar jayenge." She opened her eyes as she felt the bed deepend. Her eyes flickered in hope. She quietly followed the instructions.

Bondita looked up in his eyes feeling his feather like touch. "Bondita mujhe maaf kar dena. Mere vajese tum yaha ese...." she interrupted. "Nahi Pati Babu, mein jab jaanti thi aapko yeh sab pasand nahi toh aapko force nahi karna chahiye tha. Mein toh bas khush rehna chahti hu aapke saath hamesha isliye vrat karne majbur ho gayi." After her confession an awkward silence engulfed them.

"Agar tum kaho toh uthak baithak kar sakta hu mein" he tried to clear the air. Bondita smiled happily. "Nahi rehne dijiye, bas meri 8 handiyaan mat bhuliye." Anirudh shook his head in disbelief, as a grin adnored his face. Only Bondita could take about rosegulla even when she is sick.

"Ek ghanta hogaya hai bukhar toh aur chad raha hai. Patiya karni padengi." Due to the cold water bondita, curled into a ball and was shivering immensely.

"Damn it." How could he be so careless. Anirudh moved closer to her side, Bondita immediately turned around and buried her head in his shoulder. He wrapped her arm around her securely, rubbing her arm in circular motion to create heat which indeed provided her comfort. "Ab theek hai?" He asked.

Bondita slowly opened her eyes and lifted her head to look at him. She saw how Anirudh was looking at her with concern, softness in his eyes ...All for her... Gazing in his eyes she nodded. Anirudh started moving back when Bondita held his hand that was already round her.

Aniruddh just couldn't get himself to say no. 'Just this one time. She is Ill.' He told his brain, caressing her hair. "Yahi hu mein Bondita tumhare pass, ab aaram karo." He gave her moral support.

What more did she need from him to prove that she meant something in his life? That he wanted her. That he needed her...

All these days, despite being close to him, she knew that she was still far away from him. She wondered why was he keeping her at distance on purpose?

What she hadn't realised until now, was that distance didn't mean that he didn't care...He did feel for her. But he didn't want to show it....or maybe he didn't knew how to show it.

"Neend nahi aarahi?" When Bondita nodded in denial, he told her everything she missed in eight years. "Toh batuk ne..." he looked down at chest and saw her sleeping peacefully. He just wanted to live in that moment, without questioning anything....

He too felt his eye lids get heavy while he reveled in her warmth. And soon he drifted off to sleep resting against the headboard with Bondita's head on his chest.....

🎶Kiya Re Jo Bhi
Tune Kaise Kiya Re
Jiya Ko Mere
Baandh Aise Liya Re
Samajh Ke Bhi
Na Main Samajh Saku

Savero Ka Tu
Mere Sooraj Laage
Tu Mera Koi
Na Hoke Bhi Kuch Laage
Tu Mera Koi
Na Hoke Bhi Kuch Laage
Tu Mera Koi
Na Hoke Bhi Kuch Laage🎶

A pleasant morning rose in Roy Chaudhary haveli. Bondita woke up all zesty, and blushed noticing Anirudh's arms around her. He must be exhausted she thought.

Anirudh opened his as he felt movement around. "Bondita, mujhe temperature check karne do tumhara..aab kesa feel ho raha hai?" After what she said yesterday she couldn't meet his eyes and shyled away. "Mein ab bilkul thik hu Pati Babu. Peeth dard kar rahi hogi na aapki? Aapko uthana chahiye tha na mujhe." She was guilty.

"Nahi thik hai" he stretched out. "Aap aaram kariye mein thodi der mein coffee laati hu.." but before she could move Anirudh pulled her to previous position. Her hands gripped his shoulders and eyes closed. She noticed how carefully he removed the hair strand from her face and convinced her to rest for few more minutes.

She slept by her side facing his back. Gradually sleep took over her as she felt more than comfortable in the warmth of the man she loved.....

____________________________________________

Ahhh I'm screaming inside. Can't wait for you guys to read it. So far my favourite chapter. Which moment or chapter is your favourite?

Like, share and comment.