Chapter 10: My Master?

On a Friday morning, the girls were walking down a stony pathway on the blissful and vibrant school garden covered with beautiful flowers with a summer breeze blowing through their hair, and butterflies fluttering through the treetops. They were enjoying their walk on recess when they accidentally bumped into a person that they don't wanna see.

"Avery!" The girls exclaimed.

"Agh, you four again!" Avery grumbled.

"What are you doing here?" Phoebe asked.

"Well since you asked, I'm here for a stroll. Why do you care?"

"It's curiosity, we don't care about you, ever...!" Harriet uttered.

Avery just rolled her eyes. "Anyways, how's the fitting-in situation? Any luck clearing your name Cassandra? Avery said with a smirk in her face.

"She got her identity dirty because of you, Avery!" Penny exclaimed.

"Oh really? What a pleasure for me to do so."

"Enough, Avery, I had it with you! If you mess with me and my friends, I will—"

"You'll what? Create another earthquake? Ha, good luck, the last time I remember you screwed up."

"She screwed up because she haven't control her powers yet!" Penny exclaimed.

"Pfft, bid deal," Avery scoffs.

While the girls argued, Cassandra took a step back with her head down. She remembered what she have done on Monday at the cafeteria, fearing that she could do it again and might harm her friends.

Just then Professor McPhee walked in, stopping the quarrel. "Enough of this girls! Ms. Herren, Ms. Hox, Ms. Clarke, and Ms. Ohure, I will see you all at the guidance office! Professor McPhee exclaimed, directing them to the building with her finger up pointing. "While you Ms. Meldyr, Dean Duchess wants to see you alongside with someone that might help you in your magic troubles."

"Oh? Okay then?" Cassandra responded, nervously.

Later, Professor McPhee led Cassandra to the dean's office. She took a deep breath as she opened the big wooden double doors and entered. Cassandra walked down slowly in the dark hall that was only lit up by small lanterns and candles sitting on the walls, her knees trembling, the office was giving her a chilly vibe then after a short walk through the bone-chilling surrounding, she finally made it. There she sees the dean sitting at her table.

Then Dean Duchess told Cassandra to sit down, she does what she says.

She was feeling a bit nervous about what the dean has to say to her.

"I know how hard it is for you to master your abilities," the dean said.

"Uhmm, yeah?" Cassandra answered.

"Well there is a good news for you because we found you master to train with."

"A master? So you did go with your former plan."

"Yes I did."

"But how is this gonna work? I mean there's never been a master-way of teaching since the Predominant era and that was three hundred years ago. You're sure about this? Like I could've gone studying with the others, should I go solo with this one?"

"Apparently you are..." a man's voiced echoed through the room.

Cassandra turned her attention to the left side of the shadowy corner where just then the man stepped out of the shadows, it was Isaac Sharpe!