The New Maid (Chapter 4)

Start from the beginning

Once they arrived to the restaurant, Lauren wanted to make sure that Camila wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

" Hey, they have some really amazing steak.. I'm not telling you what to do, but you should totally get that!"

" Hmm, I don't know this burger looks absolutely amazing"

" Well, if that's what you want.. then that's what you'll get. Please get anything you desire..", Lauren winked, and Camila smirked.

" Hmm.. sure.."

" Wait, what's that supposed to mean?"

" I don't know... how many times a week do you do this?"

"Do what?", Lauren raised an eyebrow

" Take girls out for dinner, and tell them to pick out anything they "desire"

" Believe it or not, I don't do this at all... I can't remember the last time I took a girl out for dinner.."

"You take them to a hotel?"

" I'm kind of offended.. why are you like this?"

"Like what, Ms Jauregui?"

" Camila i'm not trying to get into your pants. I just wanted to take you out to dinner since you rejected my invite to breakfast. I can't fucking win with you, can I?"

Camila closed her eyes as she giggled, " Look at us, bickering like some old married couple. We're so romantic"

"This isn't even half of the romantic I can be.. whenever it is that I fall in love, I'll make sure to treat her like a queen.."

" Lauren Jauregui.. a hopeless romantic?"

" Look Camila, I know that when you first met me, I came off as a snob, and I'm sorry. I feel like you will always hold it against me.. And well, maybe I am a snob, but it's only a cover for my nerdy ass personality. I like to fucking paint on my spare time for goodness sake. I'm not as tough as I make it seem, and to be completely honest, you must be fucking special because I would never confess this to anyone, not even my parents. But go ahead, make your judgement on me."

" I knew it.. I knew deep down you were soft."

" Why are you acting like such a bitch? it's only been a few minutes, and I already want to break this fucking table in half"

" I'm not holding you back.. do as you wish, Ms Jauregui", Camila was tempting Lauren. She knew exactly what she was doing, and Lauren could feel it, and it was driving her crazy.

" If it was up to me to do whatever I wanted, trust me, it wouldn't be a pretty site for everyone in this room, but it would feel amazing for you, and I."

" Yeah, I'm sure it would.."

" Are you testing me, Camila? because you seem to act like you know so much about me, when in reality, you're the one that is so fucking uptight about everything!"

" What, am I really?"

" You don't open up to me at all. I have to literally drag everything out of you. All I wanted was to be your friend, and get to know you, but all you've done is reject me. If you weren't as proud as I'm a snob, we'd be perfect for each other."

"We could never be perfect for each other..you're rich and I'm just your maid. Well, until Maria comes back. So, there's no reason why you should want to be my friend... Look at me.. I could never possibly be up to your standards. You wear the best clothes, drive the best cars, you have rich friends, you can party in a different country whenever you want. I'm just not good enough to be your friend..", Camila looked down at her hands, and her eyes began to water.

"Camila, have you not learned anything about me? I don't care about money. I would trade it all for one second of my parents attention. I know they love me, but they also think they can literally abandon me, and then buy me a new car to say sorry. I wish my mom would take the time to teach me how to cook like your mom taught you. From the sounds of it, you get a long with her, and I think that's wonderful. I also think you're wonderful, and you're beautiful, and you're worth so much.. If only you'd let someone just prove it to you, I guarantee you'd see yourself the way I see you..."

" Yeah, I get along with my mom, and my dad.. I can honestly say I was blessed with them. Sure we never had money, but we had love. Just thinking about them right now makes me feel really warm inside..I miss them so much.. I miss my entire family actually..."

Lauren looked up the ceiling, and her eyes were turning light green. Her eyes tended to do that when she was sad, " I would trade anything to have the love your family does. And I'm sure you miss them a lot... And honestly, Camila.. Maybe you should go back home, so you can see your family and you won't be so miserable with me. Also, don't worry, I'll pay you whatever it is that my parents owe you. Trust me. Your family is important. You should enjoy their love, and company because some of us aren't so lucky...

Camila felt the sincerity in Lauren's words, and she never thought the green eyed girl could be so humble. The warmness in her heart wasn't just because of her family, it was because of Lauren. She had managed to make her feel all sorts of emotions that no other human being ever made her feel, especially in such little time. But it scared her; she could never allow herself to have feelings for Lauren Jauregui. Camila realized that Lauren wasn't the snob that she thought all along.

"Lauren.. I don't even know what to say. That is very kind of you.. But no, I'm not leaving you... I'm not leaving until you either kick me out or your parents fire me.. I want to keep you company. And well, I do have to clean your house, and cook your three meals a day.. Just in case you had forgotten!"

Lauren's smiles returned, "So... Does that mean you'll be my friend?"

" Yes, I mean, it won't hurt to try? But you also have to let me do my job.."

"Yes, I promise I'll get out of your way when it comes to cleaning... But I mean, we do have the house all to ourselves.. It won't kills us to throw a huge house party."

"You can do that, but then you'll have to clean after yourself!"

"Okay, yeah, whatever... I say we order our food, and then maybe we can go home... And watch movies; and eat ice cream until we fall asleep?"

" I'm up for that. Isn't it funny how we go from bickering like an old married coupled to acting like newly weds in just a few minutes?"

Lauren giggled at Camila's comment," Miss Cabello, are you insinuating that you see yourself as my wife?" She said in a sarcastic low tone.

"Don't get your hopes up, Jauregui.. Remember that your sarcasm is what brought you to a rough start with me.."

"Yeah, you're right. I learned my lesson..... I can't wait for us to go home"

"Why?"

" You'll see...", Lauren smirked as they ordered their food.

———————————————————————————
...Wonder what Lauren is up to? Hope you enjoy. Feedback!