"Girl you are stronger than this! Make his ass sign a NDA" he said making me laugh.

"No I'm serious make his ass sign some papers. Legally he can't say shit" he was serious.

"Ok how the fuck do I get him to do that" I asked in a sarcastic tone.

"You trick him. Tell him to come get his shit, since he wants to move out so fast. And when he comes to get his stuff hand him the NDA, tell him to sign it. When he asks what it's for tell him it's for the landlord"

For a second I stared into his eyes. He was so serious it was all over his face. I held in my laugh for as long as I could before just letting it all out.

"Go ahead Stevanna laugh it up" he said sarcastically as he leaned back into the couch.

"I'm sorry but what" I continued to laugh.

Later that afternoon Austin continued to cheer me up. He was the only one I could talk to about my mommy issues. He always found a way to play devils advocate.

If it wasn't for him I would've went insane. Maybe I would've helped Bryan expose the family secret myself. I was so mad at Janet wanting to blame someone other than myself.

After giving everyone the bad news about Bryan and I. I had one person left. I gave my real mother a call and  told her I wanted to see her. I met with her at her mansion.

"Hey Janet" I said giving her a hug at the door.

She hugged me tight. "Hey Stevanna, come in"

I followed her outside to her patio. She sat down under her umbrella before I sat next to her. "Do you want anything to drink" she asked me.

"No, how's Story doing?"

I watched as her eyes began to sparkle thinking about Story. "She's good, passing all of her classes. You should've seen her on the first day of school. She was so cute" she said pulling her phone out.

I watched as she scrolled through her phone before putting the screen to my face. On the screen was a picture of Story posing in her school uniform. Seeing Story's pretty face put a smile on mine.

"Aww she's so cute" I said.

Janet kept blushing as she put her phone away. "How are you Stevanna?"

"I'm no longer engaged" I said breaking eye contact.

Her eyebrows frowned downwards. "You and Bryan called it quits" she asked tilting her head.

I nodded my head slowly before she reached her arms out for me. She hugged me reaching from her chair. "Oh honey I'm so sorry to hear that" I could tell by her tone she was being sincere. "What happened if you don't mind me asking" she asked as she sat up facing me.

"Um, he went through my phone and read my texts with James" I watched as her eyes widened to the sound of his name.

Her mouth slightly opened. "Oh my god, so he found out—"

"Yup" I said quickly cutting her off.

"How are you taking it" she questioned in a sincere tone.

I nodded my head breaking my eye contact. "It's not easy but I'm hanging in there. This was the man I thought I was going to spend my life with" she reached her hand out for mine.

Putting my hand into hers she squeezed my hand. "You know if you need anything I'm hear for you. I've been through so many break ups with men I also thought would last forever" she said before looking forward.

"But trust me over time you'll get over it. Time is the best healing for breakups" she said looking back at me.

I gave a her smile before looking at my hand in hers. "I appreciate you so much" I said making her blush.

"There's more, he's mad at me and now he wants the whole world to know that I'm your daughter"

Janet sat back into her seat facing her head forward in front of her. She picked off her shades from the table before putting them on to then face me again.

"I alre—" she held her up her finger cutting me off before moving it side to side.

"Who does he think he is!?" She raised her voice before standing up. I never seen her this mad she had a vein popping out of her forehead.

"I already know what I'm going to do" I said as she shot her head in my direction.

"I'm listening" she said before sitting back down.

Once she was in her seat I looked her in her eyes. "I'm going to trick him into signing a NDA" I said.

"Really? That's your plan?"

"Ok Stevanna, if you can pull it off. I think it's a great idea" she said giving me a toothless smile.

"I know I can pull it off. Matter fact I'll text you when it's done. Deal" I rose my eyebrows.

I reached out my hand extending my arm to her. She look at my hand before shaking it. "Deal"
————————————————————————————
Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. Vote and comment for more🫶🏽✨