𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 8 | crossroads

[ A/N ] : That's right, I'm back for the Spiri Lovers, I'm very sorry for everyone who has been expecting the next chapter soon. I've been busy with school, and we have an upcoming exam aswell. But I hope I'll be able to find time for this series. So enjoy!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Kiri sat on the edge of her marui pod, her eyes mainly focused on the water. Eclipse had come and yet, Spider had not come home yet. Kiri's eyes fluttered shut as she tangled her fingers in her hair.

Frustrated, that's how she felt. Kiri knew it was a risky move to look for Spider, but her entire life of running from Quaritch and the RDA was risky. A frustrated huff escaped her lips, her eyes softening as she looked at the water.

Small glowing amber fish surrounding her feet, a small smile tugged on her lips. It was almost as if she was attracting the small creatures, but her smile faded quickly as she saw Neytiri in the reflection of the water.

Kiri looked away from the water, shutting her eyes. As if Neytiri was some sort of nightmare she thought she could escape from. "Ma ite.." Neytiri soothed, sitting beside her. The net floor of the marui was weighed on.

"What troubles you, daughter?" Neytiri muttered, placing a hand on Kiri's back. Kiri only slumped, not answering Neytiri. Neytiri bit her tongue, preventing any harsh words to escape her lips.

"Lo'ak has told me why you have run away." Neytiri started, stroking Kiri's back. "You miss the human boy, I see that." Neytiri added, Kiri did not break away from her shell.

"I just.. I don't get it, Mom. You fell inlove with dad, even when he was a skyperson. Why aren't you okay with Spider?" Kiri frowned, furrowing her eyebrows as she stared at her adoptive mother.

Neytiri paused, her lips parting as she looked back down at Kiri. "He is.. the son of someone who has hurt me, Kiri. Someone who has taken away your grandfather, my home, my life. It hurts knowing that apart of him is with our people."

"No, Mom. Why do you hate him?"

Neytiri shut her eyes, turning to face the water. Kiri huffed, standing up and storming out of the Marui pod. Neytiri's eyes fluttered open as she turned to look at the spot Kiri previously sat upon.

"Eywa, please protect my daughter. And give her the life she desires most. I beg of you." Neytiri muttered.

Spider clutched his stomach, blood gushing out of the wound from his previous torture. Spider grasped his spear, shakily standing up as he lunged forward. The Thanator growled, bowing down.

Spider tripped, landing on the Thanator's head. The Thanator immediately threw it's head back. Spider landing on the wall behind him. Spider could feel he was on the brink of tears.

It hurt, knowing he had already fought for his right to be who he was. Yet no one would ever see him that away. No one besides Kiri and Lo'ak anyways. Spider felt his vision began to blur.

"Eveng!" Naya'il yelled, as she took noticed that Spider was losing conciousness. She didn't know much about the skypeople. But she knew they were weak and fragile. Was this it? He wouldn't even die with any dignity.

He would die as a boy with no family, and no identity to rightfully claim as his own. "No no no, do not. This cannot happen again." Naya'il muttered, as she kneeled down beside Spider.

"Sa'nok!" Naya'il roared, calling for her mother. Spider's eyes opened, glancing at Naya'il. Spider tried so hard to fight the tears, yet he couldn't. Spider broke down. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Spider sobbed.

"I can't do it, I can't be as strong as all of you." Spider croaked, tears streaming down his face. "Shh, calm eveng." Naya'il muttered, as her mother approached. "He's weak, ma ite." Naya'il's mother admitted.

"My mask, my mask." Spider panted, as he saw the small crack in his mask. Spider felt his heart thump in his chest. Naya'il froze, shaking her head. "What does it mean, eveng? Tell me!" Naya'il shouted.

Spider slipped out of conciousness, "I'm scared." Spider stammered. Before his eyes finally shut, Naya'il froze, glancing at her mother. "Take him to the Spirit Grotto, now." Naya'il shouted at a few na'vi standing to the side.

They carried him away, Naya'il felt worry for the child. Her mother followed to the Spirit Grotto. Naya'il paused, shaking her head. Naya'il crossed her arms, shaking her head. She watched as Spider disappeared into the Grotto.

Naya'il glanced at her spear, snatching it from the weapon stand. Naya'il shut her eyes. "Eywa, give me strength." Naya'il muttered as her head snapped towards the exit of the Grotto.

She sprinted out of the Grotto, crying out for her Thanator. She quickly climbed onto her Thanator, her Thanator clawed its way through the cave. Naya'il tightened her grip on her spear. As her Thanator raced through the deep forest.

Two hours had passed, and Naya'il let out a sigh of relief as she finally found the thing that may help the child.

Quaritch could hear the faint sound of branches snapping in the distance, and the cries of a Na'vi.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[

A/N ] : Guess who's back? Yeap, I have returned for a short chapter. I've been busy with school and such. Tests are coming and I've been busy. But, this chapter features Spider and Kiri's breaking points. Spider feeling helpless, Kiri feeling she can't help Spider. And for the Naya'il x Quaritch shippers. The next chapter may focus on them aswell. But, our favorite orphan duo will be featured aswell. Don't worry. And if anyone is wondering what Naya'il may look like. It's this.

Also, using your creative minds

Also, using your creative minds. Come up with the best title for the next chapter and it will be used! Let's hope my next disappearance isn't too long.

P.S : If you're interested in some video essays about Spider, Kiri, Quaritch and more, check out my account on tt : bulbasoraaa.