𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 4.5 | alone

spider's heart was pounding as he whipped his head towards where the voice had come from, a tall na'vi woman emerged from a dark area of the cave. the glowing vines illuminating her face, showing an unfriendly expression.

spider jolted up as the woman he presumed to be named 'naya'il' growled slightly, her tail whipping back and forth. "ma'ite, what is this?" the na'vi woman hissed, circling the boy in the braids.

the color drained from spider's face, he didn't know what to do. he was all alone right now. "mother, i found this boy. he begged for help, but i have found he is a sky person." naya'il explained, her gaze lingering on his peculiar painted stripes.

spider shut his eyes, as the voices around him began to turn into murmurs rather than aggressive threats. how would he prove he wasn't a bad person, that he was like them?

spider slowly rose up, raising his hands. as if to tell them to calm down. "i come from the omatikaya clan!" spider shouted, as the surrounding na'vi hissed, their eyes lingering around.

"omatikaya?" naya'il asked, her pupils dilating. "y-yeah. i'm one of you, i may have demon blood. but i'm nothing like them, i swear!" spider yelled, his voice echoing throughout the cavern.

naya'il paused momentarily, trying to make sense of the situation unfolding. she slowly lowered her weapon, her ears twitching as she looked down at the small boy. "who. who was the man that had you."

spider bit his tongue, before speaking. "my father, miles quaritch. he has destroyed the home tree of the omatikaya." naya'il gasped, placing a hand on her chest. "but i'm not like him."

"i don't want to harm this place, i don't want anyone to be killed here." spider continued, as he lowered his hands. naya'il paused for a moment, before letting out a hiss of exasperation.

"enough." she answered, raising her palm towards the human boy. "you do not belong here." she added, stepping forward. spider tried not to cry, after hearing those words for what felt like thousands times.

a lump in his throat formed as he backed away, gazing at the na'vi who looked at with disgust and some even looking with pity and empathy. he knew he didn't belong there, he didn't belong anywhere.

and yet.

the bonfire's flame grew, the burning ashes filling the air as the na'vi's danced in the high camp. spider sat with lo'ak and neteyam, watching the women dance with energetic and excited expressions.

a smile pulled at spider's lips, moments like this made him felt like he belonged somewhere. his eyes briefly shifting over the crowd of  the crowd mixed with humans and na'vi as he searched for a certain na'vi girl.

spider raised his head, and amidst the flames. he saw kiri, a massive grin on her face as she swayed back and forth, almost imitating the elegant flames. the orange glow illuminating her face.

her black hair blowing with the wind, and those eyes. that deserved to replace the moon and sun. neteyam nudged him slightly. "monkey boy has a crush on my sister, huh?" neteyam grinned.

"oh shut up." spider scoffed, rolling his eyes. his eyes darting back towards lo'ak, who had a mischevious grin on his face. "oh c'mon. she's just- pretty. okay?" spider retorted, trying to combat their teasing looks.

"bro, we grew up together. you expect us to not know?" lo'ak scoffed, as he peeled back the shell of a beetle bug and ate the flesh. spider huffed, he was likely going to be teased all night.

kiri approached three boys, but her gaze was focused on spider. "c'mon monkey boy!" kiri implored, grasping his arm and tugging on it. "uh, i don't know-" spider shrugged as he was dragged by kiri.

"c'mon, it'll be fun!" spider sighed, standing up. but immediately grabbing lo'ak's hand and dragging him with them. "hey hey, let me go!" lo'ak laughed. "this is what you get for teasing me."

spider joked as lo'ak disappeared into the crowd of dancers. "so how do we do this? i'm not the dancing type." spider chuckled, kiri shook her head. "just follow me." kiri assured,

kiri raised her arms, her fingers moving back and forth as she trailed her hand downwards. her hips swaying back and forth, spider grinned. trying to imitate her movements. "you're so bad at this."

kiri commented, spider scoffed, grabbing her queue and tugging on it. "hey!" kiri screeched, but a slight smile played on her lips. spider smirked, his eyes focused on her as they continued to dance.

spider could barely focus on dancing, his lips parting as he watched kiri dance. "what's wrong with you?" kiri asked, as she stopped dancing. "you're just.." spider paused, his gaze focusing on her lips.

"really.."

spider smirked, "bad at dancing." kiri hissed and playfully hit him in the arm. "oh c'mon! atleast i'm better than you." kiri flashed a smile. "enough!" the dancers froze as the bone chilling scream echoed throughout the cave.

spider and kiri turned to face where the voice had come from, kiri sighed when she saw it was her mother. her father standing behind with a sympathetic look.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ A/N ] : Okay, I'm back! It's been awhile but since I'm staying in our new house which has no wifi might I add. I got motivation to write again! As you can see. This is chapter 4.5, meaning. There is a 2nd part. If you didn't know. The italics is a flashback. I'm doing a Money Heist thing where it will show flashbacks so you can understand the story. Spider is beginning to question if he is true na'vi or a fraud like Quaritch had said. Either way, we will see some very interesting stuff. Funfact. The flashback is a homage to a deleted scene in the first Avatar movie. That's all. See ya!

P.S - Heavily considering making Quaritch a good guy, but ehh. He did flirt with Naya'il. (kinda.)