𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 5 | reasoning

spider's heart pounded inside his chest as neytiri and jake approached them. neytiri, with a cold and terrifying expression. while jake tried to hold her back and prevent her from harming the boy.

"kiri, what were you doing? dancing with a demon?"  neytiri hissed, grabbing kiri's arms and dragging her aside. "mom, we were just dancing! and he's not a demon." kiri hissed, pulling back her arm.

"hey hey, sweetheart. calm down." jake ushered, gently grasping neytiri's hand. neytiri growled lowly, her head whipping towards spider. causing him to jump. "stay away from my daughter!" neytiri yelled, her voice echoing throughout the area.

lo'ak and neteyam looked at eachother, lo'ak stood up but neteyam pulled him down. "don't interfere." neteyam spoke, quietly. "you do not belong here. you are not na'vi. you are alien!"

neytiri pressed, spider looked at kiri. who was trying her best to hold back her mother. "i will not let you harm my children!" neytiri roared, neteyam looked at spider with a sympathetic look.

spider swallowed his saliva, avoiding eye contact with neytiri. "ma neytiri, enough." jake interrupted, stepping forward and protecting both kiri and spider. neytiri looked at spider, the terrified expression on his face causing her expression to soften.

"you two, go. i'll take care of this." jake ordered, kiri nodded and took spider's hand. she mounted on her ikran, spider following behind. jake huffed and looked at neytiri.

spider looked up at naya'il, his face showed everything that he was feeling. and that caused naya'il to hesitate in killing him. spider noticed her eyes soften as he stood firmly against her.

naya'il suddenly jolted forward, causing spider to jump. spider shut his eyes as he prepared to be stabbed to death. but nothing. nothing happened. he felt someone gently take his hand and raise it.

"we will provide this child with uturu!" naya'il announced, the cave na'vi's hissed in response. they didn't seem to be too fond of him. a wave of relief washes over spider. but he knew he wasn't safe.

even if he was accepted into a clan. he knew he wouldn't be accepted as one of them. he looked at naya'il with an expression gratitude. naya'il let go of his wrist and spoke.

"thank eywa that i have a grain of kindness for you demons." naya'il hissed, walking away. "wait! where am i even supposed to go?" spider asked, chasing after her.

"anywhere, just do not approach the thanators." naya'il spoke, nonchalantly as she brushed aside the glowing vines and entered another cave. which was a bit smaller.

the sounds of water splashing filled his ears, as he stepped through puddles. "so, um. you're the olo'eyktan, right?" spider jumped onto one of the rocks, climbing around the cave.

"that is right." naya'il nodded, "i don't think i've ever heard of a cave clan before." spider muttered, jumping down. a slight chuckle escaping his lips as he felt into a small pond of water.

"you are.. a strange demon.." naya'il hummed, as spider brushed his braids aside and climbed out of the pond. a muffled sound of the wind howling rang in his ears, causing spider to look around.

"so, are you the tsahik aswell? or just the olo'eyktan?"

"olo'eyktan."

"so who is tsahik?"

"my mother."

spider paused for a moment, he didn't want to annoy her with too many questions. after all, she did seem to be capable of killing him. spider climbed up the cave, grabbing onto a vine and swinging to one of the ledges.

naya'il watched spider with great curiosity, "very strange demon.." she mumbled, as she picked up her spear. but ever so often, watching spider as he explored the cave.

kiri trudged along the unfamiliar forest, atokirina floating around her. kiri furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance, she had never been upset at the wood sprites. but after losing spider and potentially the rest of her family.

she raised her hand and attempted to swat the atokirina away, a slight growl escaping her lips. kiri paused for a moment and pulled back her hand. "don't get mad, it's not their fault you ran off to save that monkey boy." kiri cursed.

a sharp exhale left her lips as she continued to move forward, she could feel a sense of tension. it felt like an eternity, was this even worth it? she furrowed her eyebrows as she remembered that day.

where spider said she owed him, his stupid grin. the thought was cut short as she felt someone grab her wrist, her heart raced as she looked up and saw quaritch.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

okay, i decided to switch up the roles for a bit. kiri is now with quaritch and spider is in a new clan. dw, kiri won't be with quaritch for long ;) it feels like i only publish every 1/2 months but ill try to get back on track.