𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 3 | vulnerable

A/N : a very ominous title for the chapter.. enjoy! (i hope..)

spider tried to signal for them to come closer, not being able to shout due to the fear of waking quaritch

spider tried to signal for them to come closer, not being able to shout due to the fear of waking quaritch. they didn't seem to see him, since it was dark out. "c'mon.." spider whispered, climbing higher up.

the two large figures suddenly hid. confused, spider looked down and realised that the squad had woken up, and were now searching for him. "look, he's over there!" Zdinarsk shouted.

"shit!" spider cursed, trying to free himself from the bounds, he looked around the massive tree, trying to look for something sharp enough. "tryin' to escape, kid?" quaritch chuckled, as lyle attempted to climb up the tree.

spider finally found a sharp branch attached to the tree, he slid down as the branch cut through the binds. "shit.. get him!" quaritch yelled, spider's eyes widened in fear as lyle was inches away from him.

spider crawled up further up the tree and jumped off. landing on a smaller and shorter plant, he slidded off the leaves and quickened his pace, beginning to run. he couldn't run fast enough..

he quickly hid behind a tree, placing a hand over his chest. "c'mon kid, can't hide forever." quaritch spoke, spider peeked around the tree, he was at a fair distance. "this is pointless, we're gonna find you so might aswell show yourself.."

spider breathed heavily, but he desperately tried to calm himself down. "what are you gonna do? look for jake sully?" spider slowly crawled on the ground, trying not to make any noise.

"listen kid, i know you think you have a bond with them. truth is you don't." quaritch's words suddenly caused spider to freeze up. "you're alien to them, really think they'll trust one of the sky people?"

"i think it's time to wipe off that face paint and accept who you really are." spider shook his head, refusing to listen to any more of his attempts at manipulating him. "you're a fraud, miles."

spider's mind went blank in that moment, as rain trickled down his skin. his father's words echoed in his mind, was he a fraud? pretending to be something he wasn't. spider gripped onto the ground.

"gotcha'.." lyle smirked, grabbing spider by his wrist. spider looked around, he was surrounded. spider jolted up when he heard a low growl, it wasn't made by any of them.. then who..

spider looked behind him, it was a group of thanators.. with, na'vi people? they looked different from what spider had known, spider struggled to move as lyle gripped his wrist. spider yelled to them in na'vi.

"please help, i'm begging you!" quaritch looked at him confused, the woman at the front of the group hissed. as she raised her spear high. "not another step.." quaritch warned.

"please.. help me.." spider whispered to the woman, she furrowed her eyebrows, before looking back up at quaritch. [A/N : Apologies for butting in but for now I'll make the bold text Na'vi. Just so you know what stuff Quaritch understands and what he doesn't.]

"Let go of the child! Or else." she roared, pointing her blade at Spider. "What did she say?" Quaritch questioned, keeping his eyes on the woman. "She said to let me go or else.." Spider muttered.

Quaritch clicked his tongue, shaking his head. "Feisty one, huh." he smirked, Spider looked down, as he got an idea. He picked up a sharp stone and pierced it through Lyle's hand. Causing him to yelp in pain. Spider used the opportunity to run to the woman.

"Attack, they are dangerous!" she roared, grabbing Spider as the rest of her group jumped on the Recon Squad. "Run! Now!" she yelled, pushing him towards a cave entrance.

Spider quickly nodded before running inside the dim cave, after a few seconds of running. The woman from earlier managed to catch up with him, "Come child, we must hurry! They will find us!"

She grabbed his wrist, there were five entrances. She took him inside the one on the left and began to run as fast as she could. "Where are we going?!" Spider yelled, "Be quiet.." she whispered.

Beginning to slow down, Spider finally managed to catch his breath. She crouched down to his level, "Are you alright?" she asked, tapping at his mask curiously. "I think so.."

She looked at his face, realising something was off. "You.. are not Na'vi?"

[ A/N ] : Jesus christ, quite alot of stuff happened

[ A/N ] : Jesus christ, quite alot of stuff happened. Kiri didn't make an appearance but that's just because I don't know how to continue her journey. But Kiri will definetly appear next chapter!

Also the Cave Clan that I made finally made an appearance, and so did their leader! I was really excited to introduce them to the story, and we will likely see more of them.

Also I don't want to erase Quaritch as Spider's father completely, so I still have to deal with that. Then again he didn try to manipulate him in this chapter so I dunno. Either way, Spider's gonna face alot of changes.

See you all next chapter!