Chapter 4: I Don't Trust Anyone

Valkyrie let Ironhide look at her blueprints and her freshly polished weapons. But she soon ushered him out so she could "get some work done".

It was the same excuse every day for a full year. And nobody noticed that Valkyrie was slowly dying inside... Or that she had been pregnant by 4 months then lost the child due to lack of food.

Valkyrie became thinner and thinner, until one day Lennox had had enough.

He stormed into Valkyries room and carried her out into the hanger. He pulled down her hoodie and looked at her hollowed out face.

Everyone looked at the poor femme and didn't recognise her, that's how horrible she looked. Ratchet walked in and almost collapsed.

"Get her into the medbay now!" he shouted.

Ironhide picked up the young femme and carried her to the medical berths.

Valkyrie utters one word before blacking out due o lack of sleep.
"Energon."

Ratchet refused to lift Valkyrie's sleeves to put in a needle, so he went for the next available spot, the hand.

With all the injuries Valkyrie had it would be forever before she recovered.

Ironhide donated some of his Energon to save Valkyrie and once the transfusion was complete Ratchet put another needle in, one with nutrients.

After the Energon had moved around Valkyrie's veins she was looking better than before. Some of the shallow wounds healing, the deeper ones scarring horribly.

It had been two weeks after that incident that Valkyrie had opened her optics again.

She was looking so much better. Her cheeks were slightly rosey and her face wasn't so shallow.

Ironhide made Lennox bring in some soup so he could get Valkyrie to eat something. Even if she had to consume a nutritious liquid.

Ironhide pov

Once Valkyries optics opened I was at her side, slowly getting her to eat the soup. She almost scoffed it down, so I made Lennox come back with Steak and Vegies with a glass of milk. Knowing humans need dairy to keep their bone strong.

Once Valkyrie had eaten I sat beside her.

"I don't trust anyone." she reminded me.

"I know, but I wish to change that." I whispered comfortingly

After that day, I started dragging her out of her room and making sure she hung out with the others from 0600 to 1430 and refuelled at least twice a day.

For a whole year, Lennox, Epps and I continued to get Valkyrie to hang with the others and towards the end of the second year in the base she was coming out by herself. And making friends with the bots again.