"You're still here?" She inquired, sounding surprised that he hadn't left yet.

"Huh?" Sven blurted out as he processed her words. "Oh, yeah, I... was just leaving," he quickly stood up and cleared his throat, trying to appear calm but his flustered actions gave him away. Sitting on the opposite of them, Mrs. Lawson observed Sven's actions, a knowing smile playing on her lips when she noticed the corners of his ears turning slightly red.

"Why not have lunch with us, Sven?" Mrs. Lawson suggested, pursing her lips to hide her expressions and posed a surprised look on her face.

"No, no, Mrs. Lawson. I was just dropping off clum—Elysia, so I'll take my leave now," he clicked his tongue, running his hand through his hair.

"Oh, okay, but feel free to visit again. My Ely's friends are always welcome here," Mrs. Lawson nodded in understanding, smiling gently at him.

Sven thanked her, bid farewell, and walked out of the bakery. Elysia accompanied him, intending to see him off.

As they reached his bike, Sven's gaze involuntarily drifted toward Elysia, his thoughts and attention fully absorbed by her. When they arrived at his motorcycle and Elysia turned to him, he quickly looked away, his heart racing in his chest.

"What did you talk to my mom about?" She inquired, her fidgeting hands revealing her anxiety.

His head snapped back towards her, eyebrows furrowed slightly, observing her nervous demeanor. Mrs. Lawson's words resonated in his mind, particularly her last sentence. He glanced at Elysia, who appeared genuinely concerned about their conversation.

"...She was just asking where I live and about my family," he replied, taken aback by the relief that washed over her face upon hearing his response.

A smile broke across her face as she nodded and thanked him for the ride and the ice cream. Sven couldn't help but notice her beautiful smile. Involuntarily, a genuine smile appeared on his face as well, just from witnessing her smile like that.

Even though he had numerous questions swirling in his mind, but the way her expression shifted to relief upon learning that they hadn't discussed her seemed to deter him from asking direct questions.

He told her to go inside and then hopped on his bike, mildly surprised by his own concern for her. The way he reacted upon seeing her, fresh from her shower, had caught him off guard. She just looked so...

He shook his head, banishing those thoughts. How could Sven Neve Damaris get flustered merely by seeing a girl in casual clothing?

'Well, she is undeniably beautiful, and I'm only a man after all...' He reasoned with himself, quickly pushing the strange thoughts aside. He donned his helmet and rode away.

On the journey back home, his mind remained preoccupied with thoughts of Elysia. He was undoubtedly curious about Elysia and everything about her. He recollected her reactions, responses, and overall behavior. Now that he thought about it more carefully, it was indeed peculiar – the way she always seemed as fearful as a kitten, even her curiosity about that guy—

Wait, who was that guy anyway?

His brows furrowed in a sense of distaste as he recalled the guy he had seen earlier. Ares Simon, the star student of their school. Sven had heard his name before but had never paid much attention. However, now his perspective was different. He felt a growing need to know more about this guy, Ares Simon Knight!

Sven parked his bike near the same ice cream parlor where he had shared ice cream with Elysia not long ago. A grin naturally formed on his face as he remembered how she savored her treat.