The second Jenna heard the sirens, though, that feeling was overpowered by her survival instincts. They needed to run away, and they needed to do it now.

Running towards the wide windows, the brunette joined Emma who was looking down to the streets. Three police cars had just gotten there. Jenna figured that several others would be there soon.

Emma and Jenna were a real threat to them, and they would do everything it took to stop them both. The murders had been happening for far too long already.

"Do they know we're here?" Emma asked her tone back to the icy one Jenna had gotten used to.

"I don't think so. They must've seen my car parked a few blocks away, I doubt they know which building we're in yet."

Emma nodded in acknowledgment. "It won't be long before they find us. We have to leave now." She said, tying her hair in a messy ponytail before reaching for her face mask and putting it up. "Do they know who I am?"

The brunette shook her head. "They didn't when I left. But... Maybe they figured out since Jules revealed your identity... I don't know how long it'll take before they put the pieces together."

"Right," She scoffed. "They know yours, anyway."

That's when it hit Jenna.

Everyone knew who she was, and what she had done. She had even run away from the police, they would no longer hesitate before stopping her, in one way or another.

This meant that she was now a threat to Emma.

The woman still had a chance to run away unnoticed. She had skills, too, that Jenna clearly did not have. If she escaped with her, and god knew how much she wanted to, she would hold her back.

"Ortega?" Emma called her name, but Jenna's gaze remained stuck to the street below them, staring at the cops who were running around, already interrogating some people. She then felt hands shaking her, urging her to turn around and face her. "Jenna, we have to go now."

"I can't," Jenna uttered, eyes wide.

The woman took a step back at this, clearly surprised by her words.

"What the hell do you mean you can't?"

The brunette had never seen Emma lose her calm, and yet there she was. They were screwed. So fucking screwed.

"I can't. If they see me with you-"

"They won't see us."

...Was she insisting?

"They might!"

"Jenna." Her eyes were filled with fear, for the first time. Jenna wondered if she was scared of getting caught or scared of losing her. The second thought made warmth spread all over the brunette's body, despite the urgency of the situation. "They won't."

"You don't know!"

"We're losing time, just-" Emma paused, voice shaking ever so slightly, "Let's leave, now. We have to leave."

Jenna closed her eyes, hoping that it would help clear her mind.

She didn't want to cause Emma trouble. Not after everything she had been through, not so close to the end. The choice should be easy to make. Leave without her, ensure her safety. But... The way she almost begged for Jenna to stay?

The brunette had never had that.

And... Could she even live without Emma by her side now?

She wasn't sure she could anymore.