Chapter 33 - Tenderness & Vulnerability

Start from the beginning

Mia thought to herself as a text on Danila's phone interrupted their silence.

"Who is it?" Kirill asked without looking at him.

"Your sick friend. He's reminding me of what he wants to see." And Danila got up from the couch to walk away but Kirill piped up again,

"What is it this time?"

Danila hung his head and stayed silent for a second before turning to Kirill.

"He said that after last night, and seeing Mia up close, now he really wants to watch us fuck and won't take no for an answer especially since we're not leaving anywhere. He's already asked us but we managed to delay. Now he is pressing. We have about a week to figure out what to do."

As Mia heard this, suddenly, this idea didn't seem so repulsive to her anymore. This would leave a scar on Kirill's heart and after having him treat her like this, she wanted to leave a big one.

Kirill said nothing and sat expressionless on the couch as he watched Mia. She sat on a dining room chair blankly staring at the wall but then sighed heavily and got up to make herself a coffee.

She was a picture of perfection, thought Kirill. Her flowing hair cascading down her back and her long and toned legs that he so wanted, giving him just a glimpse of what he has been missing.

"I say we do it." Mia pronounced loudly as she was turned away from them. Both Kirill's and Danila's eyes shot up at her.

She turned around and with a small smile said,

"Seems that Kirill is convinced we did it already anyway...even though we both have been staying true to the plan and never touched each other outside of what was needed," She added a small lie. "And after his comeback...I wouldn't mind kicking him in the face. The only way to truly do that would be to fuck you, Danila. Kirill knows he deserves it."

Kirill's jaw dropped at her words and she loved watching his stunned expression. She hit a nerve and she knew it and wanted to see him in pain after everything she thought he's done wrong.

"Great, I'm so glad I'm a pawn in your sick fucking games." Danila shook his head and walked to his room and slammed the door.

Just them two again, watching each other from a distance, a palpable tension, the only thing linking them. Kirill approached her and stood a few meters away, a stark contrast to their previous behaviour.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Kirill's voice was heavy with misery.

She came a little closer and saw how he flinched.

"I'm doing this to you? You can't even be near me, Kirill." She spoke quietly. "You see me as a whore...not your wife who is here, instead of you, paying for your past mistakes. You've forgotten what this is all about...you're so blinded by empty jealousy. You don't trust me but I don't know why...have I ever given you a reason not to?" She searched his eyes and he averted his gaze again.

"You can't even look at me...you are punishing me for sins I didn't commit. For pain I never caused you." Tears fell down her face as she spoke but she continued on. "I'm so hurt. By all that you've done. Your lies. You promised me you would never lie and here I am, trying to sort them all out." She paused as Kirill looked out the window. "We need to figure out how to solve this mess...you being here puts us all at a huge risk. Let's solve this and then...then we can figure out where to go from there."

And at her words, Kirill broke down. Tears burst from his eyes as he closed his face with his palms and stood there at the window, silently shuddering.

Like a small boy who was hurt on the playground, he silently cried as years of tension, fear, and violence left his body with the salty liquid.

Mia couldn't believe her eyes and at first didn't know what was happening. She had never seen him truly cry and moreover, she didn't know her words would elicit such a reaction. She stood there planted to the ground and hurriedly thought about what to do.

As quickly as his tears started, he suddenly stopped and wiped his cheeks with his good hand as she came to stand in front of him.

She gently touched his broken and bloody knuckles as he winced.

"Let's take care of this...before it gets worse." She spoke in a hushed voice, not daring to shatter the moment of tenderness and vulnerability.

As Mia bandaged his hand, it was the first time they touched each other in months. As if strangers, it seemed that they had to start all over, from the absolute beginning and this gesture was a small step in that direction.

Days passed in almost near silence between all of them. Going through the motions, Danila and Mia left together and came back in the middle of the night from the club.

Neither Mia nor Danila spoke much to each other when alone and Kirill stayed in the apartment like a fugitive.

Oleg pressed Danila and didn't let up, he wanted a live show and threatened that if they didn't do it, Oleg would take matters into his own hands since Danila was such a pussy.

He made it clear in no uncertain terms that while Danila was his own man, he was no match for Oleg and if he didn't want Mia to end up making her money as a prostitute and him in the cold ground, he better step up and deliver on his side of the agreement.

Kirill took the time to think about Mia's words that affected him so deeply. He closely watched how Danila and Mia interacted and every once in a while asked questions about their private time together and about Oleg.

He knew what Oleg wanted and he knew that at this point in the plan, they weren't able to achieve what they needed in order to be able to avoid the live sex show.

They needed Oleg out of the country and he was only willing to do that after he got what he wanted. They were still at his mercy.

Please don't forget to vote and comment! I love to hear from my readers! ❤️