Starter Ship

Beginne am Anfang

*WHISTLE*

Kohaku turned 180 towards the noise of a whistle and raced down the deck of his ship until he was on the bow looking out to sea with violently twitching ears.

In the distance, his sharp eyes could see a small rowing boat approaching him, a single occupant onboard and frantically rowing while blowing a small whistle. He couldn't see much of the figure but could tell it was a well-dressed Human female.

When she stood up when she was within shouting distance, the little boat rocked violently, almost sending her over the side. She regained her balance and started to point upwards.

Looking up at where she was pointing, up high in the sky, a single large Siren aircraft appeared and started diving down towards the woman. 

So that's what the humming was... Stupid Siren stealth technology!

But why was the Siren targeting a single Human female? Didn't the Siren not notice the clueless repair ship floating nearby? 

Honestly, Kohaku was offended. He was a much juicier target!

The woman screaming at him pulled him out of his thoughts, and he saw the large Aircraft go for an attack run on her. She didn't appreciate his ship watching her and doing nothing to help.

Oops!

Without saying a word, he pointed at the tunnel-visioned Siren aircraft and his Anti-aircraft suite of Type 89 Duel 127mm, Type 96 25mm Triple and Type 96 25mm single swivelled, elevated to the target and opened fire.

The immediate barrage shocked the woman as she crouched in her boat and covered her ears from the excessive sound. She watched the blue sky as it filled with black clouds, thanks to the defensive barrage of the ship that rescued her.

Looking between the Siren trying to kill her and the ship, she couldn't see a single crew member on board, so it had to be a shipgirl! How fortunate for her!

Kohaku watched the Siren with unblinking eyes as he guided his Anti-Air suite with his mind. Feeling every shot, every reload and vibration. It was a freeing feeling. He wondered how the battleships felt when they gave a full broadside. 

They must love the feeling.

Kohaku watched the Siren aircraft take multiple direct hits and burst into flames. It started to spin downwards uncontrollably.

Watching the advanced piece of technology spiral out of control was immensely satisfying

The Siren Aircraft groaned as it plummeted downward towards the ocean. Noticing the Kansen too late to change targets, the Aircraft unleashed a payload before diving into the sea with devastating force.

All of Kohaku's weapons went silent in the Siren's final moments.

Thankfully, the Siren completely missed crashing into either the Human or Kohaku. The force of the impact and the payload released sent a large shockwave and tidal surge in all directions.