Key To Escaping 101

Chapter two: Keys to escaping 101

I fumble to the door handle and pull. Nothing. I forgot the doors have locks. Students don't get keys, in case we get mad and want to attack someone. Or because if we drop it, a shooter could get it. Wait, doesn't the office have a lock as well. It's an automatic lock, but it should have stopped entry. 

Not important, how do I get in this door. Right, a key. I whip my head down the hall to see Ms. Hemsworth's door is held open by a small black trash can. I sprint towards the room, and shuffle in. The room was decorated with aesthetics rainbows and mostly in the color brown. I check the walls, the cabinets and the table by the window, looking out to the still very red sky. 

It must be at the desk, I think as I turn around to a computer-less table. Wall decor sits in the same place, but without computers or the projector. I go to a random purple bag, and dig around, but there is no iPhone, or Laptop which our school issued out to students 2 weeks ago.

In the corner of the desk there was a spare key. I took it and went back to my classroom. I opened the door and scrambled to the corner desk. Maybe it left my phone, wait it? I mean whatever did this to me. 

I opened my bag to a phone less pouch. What do I do? Go into my house? Go to town? Try to reach out to people? I decide I should head to my house, and that I should make a bag of essential things. I dump my bag and hear the clatter of the rings falling out. I grab a pen, my water bottle, a notebook, band-aids, the key from earlier, and scissors. I might need protection from something.

I put all of the items in the bag, and tried to think of other things I would need. But my mind blanked. I got up, opened the door, and braced myself to face the red.

Well not yet, as I have to get out the doors first.

——-

Sorry, a short chapter. The next one will be pretty long though, so stay tuned

REMEMBER TO SMILE!!