"What'd you say?" The sheriff frowns.

"What? I said 'Yo, D-Dad'." He barely manages to cover for himself and Derek facepalms in the bedroom, leaving Lyrica to attempt to stifle her laughter, much to the annoyance of Stiles.

"Listen, I've got something I've got to take care of, but, uh, I'm gonna be there tonight. I mean, your first game."

"My first game. Gosh, great, awesome." Stiles sputters and Lyrica accidentally lets a laugh slip out, the sound immediately heard by the man in the hallway.

"Is someone in there with you, Stiles?" Noah straightens, trying to decide how to handle the situation.

"Pfft, no, why would you-"

Lyrica's laughter sounds again at how fast the teen's heart is racing, and both Stiles and Noah's eyes widen. Deciding to take pity on the brother she was quickly warming up to, Lyrica pulls herself off his bed and crosses the room, shoving Stiles to open the door wider and reveal herself.

"Hi, Noah. How are you?" She politely greets.

"Oh, you two scared the hell outta me." The man visibly deflates and the trio all chuckle. "I was terrified he had some girl in there and I was not ready to have that conversation."

"No girl you have to worry about." Lyrica chuckles, internally dreading having the same situation with Isaac.

"Is it just you two in there? Nobody I should be worried about that's making you laugh alone in a room?" The sheriff gives the young woman a pointed look and she rolls her eyes.

"I was laughing at a text from Isaac." She holds up her phone to prove her point. "I meant it when I said I'd tell you if we saw Derek. The sooner we find him, the sooner we prove his innocence."

"Still no memories about who attacked you that night?"

"Nope, nothing." She continues to effortlessly lie.

"Wait, where is Isaac? He's usually glued to your side." Stiles realizes.

"After school tutoring." The woman shrugs, actually giving the truth this time. "He's been struggling with Spanish, and I am hopeless when it comes to foreign languages. Derek tried to teach me, but I failed miserably."

"Foreign languages aren't for everyone." Noah smiles. "Or it could be just Spanish. He could always try French if he's going for his Honors. The school offers that, right? ."

"Yeah, and Latin, weirdly enough. We'll keep that in mind, though." Lyrica fakes a smile once more before ducking back into the bedroom, leaving the father and son to finish their conversation. It's mere minutes later that the sheriff takes his leave and Stiles closes the door, turning to say something, only for Derek to grab him and pin him to the door.

"If you say one word." The werewolf silently threatens.

"Oh, what, you mean, like 'Hey Dad, Derek Hale's in my room, bring your gun'?" Stiles bravely snaps back, and Lyrica's brows raise in surprise. "Yeah, that's right. If I'm harboring your fugitive ass, it's my house, my rules, Buddy." He lightly slaps Derek on the shoulder and the werewolf hesitates, but doesn't remove his hold on the teen.

"All right, come on." Lyrica chuckles, stepping up and pulling the males apart. "Let him go. He bruises easily."

"How'd you know that?" Stiles frowns.

"All humans bruise easily when it comes to werewolves." She shrugs, turning around so the teen's scrutinizing gaze doesn't catch the flash of hurt in her eyes.

"He did too, didn't he?" Stiles mutters, having caught the way the woman tensed as she turned. As if she were putting her guard up. "Hunter."

If looks could kill, Derek would have sent the human to hell's gate. Before he can move to act, however, Lyrica takes a deep breath and nods.