part 13

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed, Leah was no where to be seen. I check my phone to see if leah has messaged but i'm just reminded of the text from Lena. I send a quick reply to Lena and get ready to head down to breakfast. We have a home game against against the Netherlands today so my nerves are at an all time high.

I walk into breakfast and find a seat with rach and millie, i look around the room and spot leah laughing with Keira. I look away before she notices me and continue chatting with rach, "you okay?" rach asks, "i'm okay, me and leah aren't really speaking at the moment" i reply. I tell rach about our conversation last night as we walk back to our rooms, she tells me that she understands why i'm mad and tells me i should speak to both leah and lena. As i open the door to my room, my phone rings. It's Lena. "hello?" i say confused, "hey G" she replies, "i just wanted to say good luck for today, i know u don't need any luck but just wanted to let u know i'm thinking of u." I stayed quiet for a minute, i didn't know what to say, "thank u, i miss u," was all i could get out. "me too, i can't wait to see u. hopefully if u win today we play each other in the final," she adds smiling through the phone. "We'll have to wait and see won't we then? I'll call u later after the match okay, see u soon hopefully," i reply hanging up the call. I grab the rest of my stuff for the match and head down to the coach.

I wasn't in the mood to speak to anybody on the bus so i seat near the back and put my headphones on. I see leah get on the bus and as she gets closer to the back she spots me, she sends me a smile that i don't return. She gestures for her to sit down next to me but i don't say anything, i just turn my head back to my phone and she quietly sits down next to me. Throughout the whole bus journey i can see her looking at me wanting to say something, but i ignore her as i don't want to argue before our match. Her hand slowly makes its way to my thigh and i let out a slight sigh. "Leah" i say turning to face her, "please don't, that's not fair and you know it. We both need to figure things out before we can even think about there being something between us." i respond moving her hand of my leg as we pulled into the stadium.

The game started intensive. The Netherlands had many chances and in the 16th minute they took the lead with Jill Roord scoring from a free kick. By the end of the first half we were losing 1-0, Sarina told me to warm up as i was coming on. Leah gave a small team talk and we all headed back into the pitch. We began to play as a team in the second half and this was shown when rachel scored an equaliser in the first 2 minutes. As russo is running through the middle i spot the pass and send the ball straight to her. She takes a touch and hits the back of the net. 2-1! We all run over to celebrate with her and as we're walking back to our positions, leah grabs my arm and whispers coldly "you didn't tell me your girlfriend was coming," "what?" was all i get out before the ref blew the finale whistle. I look around the stadium and spot lena sat in the family and friends area. I don't know how to feel, i felt so happy when i saw her but i couldn't help but feel guilty about leah. I join the group huddle before heading off to see lena. Before I go over, i grab leah i tell her that i didn't know lena was coming but she didn't believe me.
"i didn't know you were coming," i say shyly giving her a side hug. "well it wouldn't be a surprise if u knew," she replied loosening our hug and staring into my eyes, "if your free tomorrow i have the day off, we could catch up." i send her a small smile whilst taking my hair out of my pony, "that sounds like a plan" i add.

The bus journey back to the hotel is very loud, everyone is celebrating our win. leah still won't speak to me, she's avoided speaking to me the whole way back and even some of the girls have noticed it. "what's leah's problem?" ella asks as we grab our bags, "i'm not sure" i reply not wanting to get into it, "she's probably just tired," i add before heading back to my room. I assumed Leah was already back in our room as she left the bus quickly. As i walk into our room, i see leah lying on our bed scrolling on her phone. She looks up from her phone and her eyes meet mine but she instantly looks away and turns to face away from me. I place my bags down and quickly jump in the shower.
I get out the shower and start to get ready for bed, i grab my phone and head out of the bathroom and into bed. As i exit the bathroom i spot leah curled up in bed with her bedside light left on. I turn off her light and slide into bed next to her, turning my back to her. I finally fall asleep after tossing and turning for about an hour until i feel leah get out of bed. I lean over and turn my bedside light on. "go back to sleep," leah says sternly. "what's wrong" i ask ignoring her comment. "Nothing, i'm fine" she says whilst climbing back into bed. "Stop being so rude Leah, i was just asking," i say rolling over and turning the light off leaving us sitting in darkness.
"i'm sorry G," leah whispers breaking the silence we were sitting in. "leah it's fine, we can sort it tomorrow it's late," i reply slightly annoyed. "i know i just wanted to say sorry, i just can't sleep," she adds slightly sighing. I roll over now facing her and place my head on her chest, "this doesn't mean anything leah," i say whilst putting my arm around her. "I'm just helping u fall asleep, i'm still very annoyed at u." Leah laughs whilst pulling me in closer. I wasn't sure how i was feeling all i knew is that leah was helping me fall asleep and i didn't want to think about lena at this moment in time. I quickly fall asleep but i can't help but feel guilty for sending mixed signals to both leah and lena. I knew that i have to tell one of them that i can't see them anymore. i know who it is but i'm not sure how she'll take it.