part 3- gio vs leah

Hangovers are the worst. I woke up to my head banging and the room spinning. As i head downstairs to get some medicine, i see a text from Gio:
Hey Gracie, hope ur feeling okay this morning had a great time last night, see u in training tomorrow❤️
I wasn't sure what to reply as i was very confused about how i felt about the situation that happened last night. I didn't do much for the rest of the day as it was an off day and all i could think about was how much i wanted to sleep.

The next morning i arrive at training a little earlier than needed to be. I head over to the locker room not expecting anyone to be there. I open the door only to find leah sitting on the side sorting her boots out. She doesn't even acknowledge that i'm in the room, "how u feeling after the night out" i ask, hoping she doesn't remember walking in on me and Gio kissing, "feeling fine, how's Gio?" she asked, finally making eye contact with me. "Erm i think she's fine, we haven't spoke much" i replied looking into her eyes hoping i can find any sort of answer to why she's asking. "that's a surprise, from my knowledge youse we're very talkative on our night out" she responded in a sarcastic tone. "what's your problem?" i ask but before she could answer the rest of the girls walk into the locker room. She looks at me as if she is holding back saying something, but i move on as i have training to get ready for.

Training goes as well as expected and Jonas announces his starting line up for the match against Chelsea. Gio congratulated me on being in the starting 11 by coming and hugging me from behind. This really seemed to annoy leah for some reason, as she stormed off back to the locker room. I gave Beth a confused look which she responded by shrugging her shoulders. The rest of the team headed back over to the locker room to get ready for recovery in the gym. But before i could get to the gym, Gio pulls be aside, "G i had so much fun the other night, we should go out again sometime, just us" I don't know what to say. Just before i moved to Arsenal i had just broken up with my girlfriend Sam Kerr and i'm not sure i'm over it. We ended on bad terms as she broke up with me so she could be with Kristie Mewis. "Gio i had such a fun time, but i'm not sure i'm ready for anything serious right now, i've only just come out of something serious and that's not fair on you" i replied with a sorrowful look on my face. I can feel her heart sink, "No it's okay G, take your time, we can try this later down the line" she replied trying to make light of the situation. I pull her into a hug and head off to the gym ready for recovery.

I've started to become really good friends with Beth Mead, so after i've finished in the gym and try to find her and tell her what's just happened. "Beth! i've been looking for you." i exclaim, "sorry G, i was just with leah. You okay?" beth replied in a concerned tone. "I'm fine, Gio just asked me if i would want to go out with her again like just us." "OMG really, what did you say" beth replied waiting for my answer. "I said i'm not ready yet, you know everything with Sam, just abit early." Beth looked at me with sadness in her eyes "I know what u mean it's only been 3 months, i'm sure she understands." Beth has a way of making me feel less guilty in situations where i'm doing something for myself, that's why she's so special.