part 6- match day

I woke up to the sound of the shower being turned on and the water hitting the ground. As i roll over, i realise Leah isn't in bed, i sit up and adjust my eyes to the brightness. As i begin to wake up i remember that leah had cuddled up to me with n the night, considering that i dislike the girl, it made me smile just thinking about it. As the shower turns off, leah exits and spots me smiling, "what's got you smiling so early?" she asks with a confused face. "Nothing," i snapped back grabbing my clothes and heading into the bathroom.

Today we were playing against Germany. I was very anxious as me and Lena Oberdorf used to be together before she moved to wolfsburg. The relationship ended on good terms which made it harder for me to move on, so seeing her in person was always hard. "Time to head to breakfast," leah said grabbing her boot bag, "okays, be one second," i shout back. As we walk down to breakfast in silence, i notice leah glancing over at me, as i meet her eyes, she quickly darts her eyes away and continues walking like nothing happened. I wonder if she remembers what happened last night, i want to ask her but i don't want to make things awkward for the next few weeks.

Leah's POV:
As i continue to eat my breakfast, i can't help but remember last night. I woke up with my arm around Gracie's waist and her cuddled into me. When i first realised, i wanted to move as far away from her as possible, but after a while, it felt normal, like it was meant to be. I could see Gracie start to wake up, so i pretended i was asleep, I could hear Gracie's hair moving on the pillow so i assumed she was moving away from me, but to my surprise, she grabbed my hand and pulled it further around her waist, pulling us closer together. I could feel the butterflies begin to grow in my stomach. I was confused why i felt like this as me and Gracie hated each other, so why did it feel so right to be holding her. I snap out of my daydream when Rachel Daly claps her hands right in front of my face, "what you thinking about le," Rachel asks all giddy, "oh nothing," i reply. Rachel can tell i'm lying but doesn't ask more about the situation and instead changes the conversation to our match later today.

Gracie POV:
As we're stood in the tunnel waiting to exit onto the pitch, I feel a hand in my shoulder. "Lena!" i say as she pulls me into a hug, "Good luck today, we should catch up after the game." "You too," i reply, "would be good to catch up," i say whilst she gets back in her line. As i turn back to face the front, i see leah looking at me and she shoots me a sad smile. I give her a confused glance but choose to forget about it so i can focus on the game against Germany.
By half time, we were up 1-0 thanks to Chloe Kelly, as i'm running down the wing, i go to cross the ball until i'm forced to the floor. I fall down wincing in pain, my shoulder was in so much pain, Lena comes over and apologises. "omg Gracie, I'm so sorry, i never meant to hurt you," she pleads, "Lena it's okay, it was an accident" i say with a tear rolling down my face from the pain my shoulder was in. Beth and the medical staff walked me off the pitch and i went straight to the medical room. They told me that it was just dislocated and that i wouldn't be out for long. I let out a sigh of relief and let the medical staff do their thing. The game ended 2-1 to us with leah scoring the second goal for us. As the final whistle blows, i head back onto the pitch to congratulate my team. "You okay?" i hear a familiar voice say, "I'm fine Leah, just a dislocation," i reply with a slight smile on my face. As she goes to speak, i feel a hand move around my waist and pull me into a hug from behind, "not much damage done then?" lena suggests, "i really am sorry, never meant to hurt you." Lena removes her arms from around my waist and looks directly into my eyes, "really it's fine, anyway how about that catch up." As we discuss where we should meet up, i can feel leah's tense stare from across the pitch, she clocks me looking and rolls her eyes. I was so confused, i hadn't done anything to leah for her to be mad at me. I decide that i will wait to get back to our room for me to ask anything.

Leah POV:
I know that Gracie and Lena have been broken up for a few months now, but when i saw them together at the match, i couldn't help but feel annoyed. When i overheard them making plans to meet up after the match, i shot Gracie a cold stare and when she noticed me, i rolled my eyes. I'm not sure why i did it really, i guess i wanted her to know i was annoyed. How did we go from cuddling in bed, to her making coffee plans with her ex girlfriend. I decide to push those feelings to the side and head over to the rest of the team to celebrate our win.
As we head back onto the bus, i find myself sat opposite Gracie, who is sat giggling with Rachel. "What are youse laughing at?" i question, trying to join the conversation. "Nothing," Gracie replies, moving her phone so i can see her face, she's staring at me blankly indicating for me to not join her conversation. "Sorry i asked," i respond, seeing if i can gain a reaction. She looks over at me and gives me a cocky smile whilst Rachel just laughs to herself about the situation she is just witnessing. The rest of the bus journey i can't help but keep glancing over at Gracie, who luckily doesn't notice as she is to busy talking to Rach. As we finally arrive back to the hotel, i head back into my room and quickly jump in the shower before Gracie gets back. It had been around half an hour and Gracie still wasn't back, as i went to text her, i don't want her to think that i was thinking about her so i decided against it and that i would just wait till she comes back.