Bob x Cinderella Reader

Start from the beginning

Father and mother taught me how to do it. They also taught me how to cook and sew as I was growing up. Step mother doesn't want to spend the money on a chef and maid when she has someone to do it for free. I've tried running, but I never have a place to go. None of my father's rich friends even bothered to reach out after he died. Everyone knows what to do. If they find me trying to run away I spend the night in jail before stepmother would come and get me. I've only tried twice. Those punishments I can't really handle. She beats me within inches of passing out and then orders me around the next few days. I'm permanently exhausted at this point.

I look down at the knife I'm using to cut the potatoes for dinner, watching the blade shimmer in the light. I could do it. Just end it all. I don't. But I could. I shake those thoughts away and return to my task. The kingdom is switching over to electricity and new technology. All the houses and the kingdom have pipe systems for water and they're slowly adding power to everyone. I'm pulled from my thoughts when the doorbell rings, hurrying to open it. A nobleman in the King's colors is on my doorstep.

"Can I help you?" I ask him, a slight flame of hope igniting my chest.

"I am here to deliver a message from the king. This weekend there will be a two day ball where all are welcome and the King shall choose his bride," The man declares, handing me the flyer. "We look forward to seeing you and your family there."

"HA! AS IF!" I snort with laughter as I crumple the flyer in hand.

"Is that a threat to disobey the king?" A large man suddenly appears behind the nobleman and I shrink back at his sheer size.

"N-No," I mumble.

"I will see to it personally that you attend the ball," He says with a smirk.

"I wish you luck," I tell him. "My step mother is hard to reason with."

I take a step back when he steps forward, hiding my knife behind my back as I wait for some kind of reprimand. It's not as if I can just kill a nobleman. I flinch when his hand suddenly touches my cheek but I don't move. The man guides me to look at him, his almost black eyes staring at me. He finally lets go off chin and then leaves, leaving me in the door dumbfounded. Ummm. Okay? I smooth out the flyer and put it on the fridge for my step mother and step sisters.

A harsh cough suddenly wracks my body as I jerk my handkerchief to my mouth, the fabric covered in blood when I pull it away. Ugh, this cough is just getting worse. I might really need to go to the doctor if it doesn't start getting better. I have no idea what it's even from as I've already ruled out pneumonia. I have no phlegm or congestion, which is odd. It's just blood. Am I bleeding internally maybe? Can't you bleed out that way? Maybe I'll die sooner than I thought. I return to the dinner preparations, my step sisters chatting excitedly about the upcoming ball.

"I wonder if I'll get to dance with the king?" Drizzela sighs at the thought. "Oh how nice it would be to be Queen."

"I'll have you two as the most beautiful women at that ball. I shall spare no expense!" My step mother declares, the three settling at the table as I finish serving dinner.

"I can't wait to meet all the noblemen!" Anastasia squeals. "We'll find rich husbands at the very least.

"Y/N, take the potato peels as dinner and return to your room," My stepmother instructs.

"Yes ma'am," I say, bowing my head and returning to the kitchen.

I sigh and gather the potato peels from earlier and head downstairs. I cook them on the small burner I have until they're crispy. It's not much but at least it tastes a little better this way. I jump out of my skin when I hear a large crash before rain begins hitting the small windows, a shiver running up my spine. It's going to be another cold night. If the coolness of fall is anything to go by this winter is going to be especially cold. I huddle under my thin blankets and curl into a ball. Maybe I won't wake up in the morning.