Sympathy Cravings

If Bob was honest with himself he's never had cravings quite this bad before. He doesn't understand what came over him. You had tried just about everything to help appease him until dinner where he knew you'd found a way to get him his favorite meat. You weren't a fan of it but everyone he ate were criminals of the worst kind. He enjoyed the days he had the free time to slowly torture them to death.

He didn't have them often as he was constantly busy running his city and supporting the citizens present. They knew what their ruler did but none seemed to have an issue. Why take up resources when the criminals can just be disposed of. Especially if they're serving a life sentence anyway! Still, he was having cravings all day long and he didn't understand it. The prisons were dwindling to very few criminals and Bob would prefer not attacking somebody. A doctor was supposed to be by to help him understand why his cravings were so high and you were currently comforting him. He hated doctors with a passion. 

So, you took care of things instead. Despite being born to a low class family. Bob would always tell you it was just love at first sight but you wonder how he could have fallen in love with someone so poor. You weren't on the streets but you were barely scraping by most months. For a long time you managed to hide, well, you thought you were hiding it when in reality Bob knew every detail. He didn't acknowledge it until you had a break down one night. Your dad was in the hospital, bills became overdue, and you'd had enough. You and Bob had been dating all that time and you felt guilty leaving him but you just couldn't do it anymore.

You sent him a goodbye text. He was the only one you didn't want to leave but you'd hit your limit. You don't even remember driving to what your town called The Point. It was the sharp edge of a huge cliff with jagged rocks below it. So many had lost their lives doing stupid shit on it or people would simply off themselves. You think some part of you wasn't ready that day because in very rare circumstances you could have survived that fall. You could have failed killing yourself that night and your family would be so ashamed they'd kick you out. No one would want to see you ever again.

Except......you didn't die that night. You had taken your time once you reached the cliff. You weren't talking yourself out of it just yelling your anger at the Universe before the grief set in. Your idea of how to die wasn't very original so Bob knew where you were. Even if you had chosen a different place he always knew. You two had had a talk about privacy but you know he hasn't called off his security. You were facing the cliff edge but hadn't made it there yet, screaming out your feelings as sobs racked your body. It became hard to breathe and as you sank to your knees strong arms grabbed you. You screamed and struggled but you were crying way too hard to have much strength.

Bob just held you. He didn't let you go in case your tried to run but he did let you hit him. You had managed to turn yourself around to face Bob and as you sobbed into his chest you weakly punched him for not letting you go. He held you until you passed out from exhaustion. He took you back to his home and you've been here ever since. Bob has been there through everything protecting and supporting you, so it was time you paid him back for a lot of that time. You would collect the criminal he ate because he didn't feel safe going out. When you're the top boss in the city you didn't make your living killing the innocent.

So, he ate the criminals. The ones who had committed the lowest of low crimes. Ones that would get them killed already. Definitely helped the crime rates and Bob didn't know this, but you were supplying criminals from other cities and even other states. Bob had needed your help remembering his password one night after getting home from a long week. He was having trouble focusing on the keyboard so he asked you to do it. A message chain is the first thing that pops up but Bob is quick to click out of it. Still, you saw the one word that finally made you come to realization.