Touch and Die

Box x Female Reader

⚠️ Content Warnings ⚠️
⚠️ Abuse ⚠️
⚠️ Murder ⚠️

Bob didn't usually do killer for hire but he needed the money and what was a few extra kills? Since it's not Spooky Month no one was suspecting him, at least, not enough to send out alerts. Besides, he hadn't been eating the bodies so it was harder to trace anything back to him. He was clean shaven minus his hair which was slicked back with gel. Instead of his usual red costume he had on a chef's coat. He looked very clean and very professional so he wouldn't be recognizable. He heads into the mansion of a house for the people he was doing undercover work for. He'd been hired to kill this man and it was a very pretty penny.

He'd been here for three months and had three more to complete his mission so he figured he'd enjoy being a chef again and earn some extra money before the very large bonus he was expecting later. Apparently the guy owed a lot to the mob but he had near special intelligence protection it was nearly impossible to get to him. So, Bob did what he did best and he watched people come and go for a while. He was able to figure out the chef guy pretty easily and that was a very enjoyable meal. He figured out the guy's address and sent a letter of recognition to the mansion. The chef had been with the millionaire a while so it was pretty easy for Bob to slip in that way.

He came to find out the millionaire he was hired to kill had a pretty little lady beside him. Bob had come to learn that her name was Y/N and he'd never met someone so kind and gentle. She made sure everyone was always taken care of during the day. If she wasn't checking on people Bob usually found her in the gardens. She loved nature and Bob had learned that despite having a landscaper, Y/N had quite the green thumb. She loved her garden and took pride in it. This made him thrilled and he loved getting to use fresh ingredients for all the meals.

Bob had no like or dislike to Y/N's husband, Mister Dupen, until a major event happened. Bob had come into work and was preparing breakfast when he came into the kitchen.

"Bob, don't worry about Y/N's breakfast today. She's not feeling well so she needs rest. The doctor will watch over her," He told Bob.

"Yes sir," Bob replied politely, watching him leave. That didn't sit well with Bob.

Once breakfast is done for everyone working Bob makes one more plate and slips up to Y/N's room. He's surprised to find it locked, something she never did ever since he could remember of those few short weeks. He opts for picking the lock and slipping inside where he relocks the door.

"Y/N?" He calls out into the dark room.

If he hadn't been used to chasing people through dark places he'd be blind as hell. He hears shuffling and a small groan, easily finding the bed with Y/N in it.

"Heya Bob," She weakly calls, immediate concern overwhelming him.

He quickly works his way to her bed, setting the plate on her nightstand and moving to turn on the lamp. He almost wishes he hadn't. Laying in bed was Y/N, her face, neck, and shoulders covered in bruises and cuts. She has a pretty nasty black eye among other bruising, her neck was covered in bruised outlines of a hand, and welts covered her chest. He can't help but wonder what else is hiding beneath that blanket. He sinks to his knees beside her, grasping her hand gently in his own when she reaches out to him. As far as he's seen she doesn't touch anyone except Mister Dupen, so a lot more must be under the blankets.

"What happened?" He breathes, bringing her hand gently to him so he can see more of her arm.

"Bad day at work. They're doing layoffs and his job is on the line. All the stress must have just gotten to him and he blew up," Y/N explains as if it's the world's most casual thing. "It's happened before. Nothing I can't handle but I need to stay in bed a few days."