Bob x Cinderella Reader

~~Bob's Pov~~

"You're being serious? I don't want to host a stupid ball," Bob growls in annoyance. "I am king. I'll just adopt some random kid to be heir."

"But sire, the kingdom is getting restless. They want to see you married," His right hand man, Frank, insists. "Even if no kids come if it."

"Just pick someone for me," Bob huffs with a wave of his hand. "They're all rich snobs anyway. I don't give a damn who I marry."

"Actually," Frank says, handing Bob an announcement flyer. "These have already been distributed. Everyone in the kingdom is welcome."

"Frank!" Bob growls, snatching the flyer and reading it over. "This means I have to wear that stuffy suit. Have I mentioned I hate you?"

"Several times sire. It'll be worth it. Makes the kingdom less restless knowing you're human too," Frank explains. "Just trust me?"

"Fine. Fine." Bob groans, pushing up from his throne. "The king should be the one to decide all of this."

"If you were left up to decide you wouldn't marry anyone. Just give this a chance," Frank chuckles. "It'll be better for the people."

"It'll be better for the people," Bob mocks in annoyance as he pushes to his feet. "I will try but I'm not going to like it."

"Fair enough!" Frank grins. Everything will be prepared by this weekend. Not to worry. You don't even have to lift a finger."

Bob huffs but nods his head, pushing up from the throne to attend various meetings and such that had been scheduled for the day. The flyer remains in his pocket all day. Maybe he should just pretend to be sick? Then he wouldn't have to attend and the citizens will be too concerned to question him about a partner for a while. Frank wouldn't let him. He'd have to be on his death bed before Frank let him out of the ball this weekend. When he's finally alone in his room he huffs in annoyance. It's an invitation to the whole kingdom after all. No big deal. Right?

No one has gotten his attention in any type of way. Everyone is his subjects and he's going to take care of them. That's what his focus is on. Making his kingdom a wonderful place for people to live! However, his mind does wander back to a few weeks ago. His horse had injured its hoof in the middle of town and this beautiful young woman came to his aid. It was his favorite horse so he didn't want him put down. She was just so kind and gentle. Maybe he'll see her at the ball? That sounds wonderful.....

~~Your Pov~~

"Stop! Please!" I gasp after coughing up a bit of blood. "My body can't take anymore."

"You can talk which means you have plenty of energy," My step mother snarls, sending another kick to my stomach. "How many is that?"

"Ten mother!" My step sisters giggle, having the time of their lives. "Should we give her five more?"

"No. I believe she's learned her lesson. We're going out. Make sure this house is spotless when I return home or no dinner," My step mother declares before she and my step sisters leave

I whimper as I push to my feet, wiping the blood from my mouth and clutching my side. There might be a few broken ribs but who knows? It's not like I'm ever going to get any medical treatment. I head to my room and change the bandages around my torso, hissing as the bandage pulls at the lashes on my back. I look down so see the ugly colors that cover me, grimacing slightly. God. I look awful. Why hasn't God just killed me yet?

I get my bandages changed before I set to work on cleaning the house. It's a nice four bedroom house. Five if I count the cellar? That's where I'm staying. It's cold, dark, and wet. It's a wonder I've survived so many winters down here. It doesn't take me long to take care of the house as I clean it three times a day anyway. I have nothing better to do and even if I did my step mother and step sisters will just take it away from me. Once the inside chores are done I head outside to tend to the two remaining horses, feed and water the chickens, feed the dog, and set out fresh food and water for the tomcat that likes to come by. I smile to see all animals happy and fed before I tend to the garden. Step mother likes to splurge to the point of zero money so she commanded I keep a garden.