I Feel Nothing | only part

Start from the beginning

Whatever that could be...

-

"George Davidson?" A nurse calls from the hallway in front of us.

I stand up, Dream doing the same soon after.

"Um, who is this?" She asks, pointing her pen at Dream.

"My boyfriend, is he allowed to come with me?"

"Of course, the policy makes up ask." She smiles, "follow me you two!" She sings, walking up down the hall and into a small room. "What are you concerned about?"

"I can't feel anything when it comes to, sexual topics..." I answer awkwardly.

"Oh," she mumbles, her brows furrowing and scanning over the computer screen in front of her. "No feeling in the private areas, correct?"

"That and other areas that are usually sensitive..." I answer, looking at Dream. Noticing how his leg started to bounce up and down at the woman's worried expressions.

"What else is usually sensitive?"

"My neck, and stomach... um, thighs."

"George, I'm going to get the doctor. Can you wait here for a few minutes?" She blurts, rushing out of the room.

"Dream, I'm scared," I breath out shakily.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here, my love." Dream reassures, wrapping his arms around me.

I hug him back, holding in the tears that threaten to fall from my eyes. As we wait for the doctor to arrive, and tell us what we needed to do next.

The door creaks open with a knock, "Hello, George. I'm going to need you to follow me. We need to take a urine and blood sample from you, then a few other little things. Once we get the results for the tests, we will call you if it's anything bad. Okay?"

I nod, "is it okay if my boyfriend comes with me for most of the stuff?" I ask.

"Of course, George. What's his name?" The doctor asks politely.

"Clay, but you can call me Dream." He answers for me, loosening his grip around me.

"Okay, Dream." The doctor smiles, "will you two follow me? We will check your heart beat and your lungs function ability in another room."

Dream and I stand up, following the doctor to a different room, in a hall farther away from the enterance of the building.

I feel my breath shaken as I exhale and inhale. Dreams arm snaking around my waist protectively as another patient walks the opposite way of us, sending us a disgusted look from the fact we had absent-mindly held hands.

Dream glares at the man harshly, looking him up and down with the same disgusted look to mess with the older man's head.

The old man's eyebrows furrow, and he hurrys to walk down the long hallway. Disappearing behind us.

"What an asshole," Dream murmurs under his breath. Just loud enough for me to hear him.

"No need to be so harsh... it's a hospital, honey." I remind him, nudging his side with my elbow carefully. Being gentle so he doesn't get hurt at all.

"Sorry, my love. He was being a homophobic dick-head. I hate people like that, did you see how he looked at us? He deserved it!" He whispers angrily, looking in the direction of the doctors in front of us to make sure they weren't listening to our conversation.

I laugh softly, tugging his arm away from my waist. Before wrapping my own arms around his, and leaning my head against his sholder, as we walked farther and farther down the hall. Into another brightly lit room, with x-rays, and several other machines I couldn't quite name.