Pro

🧠-in which a professional soccer player pursues Taylor

No ones POV

Blake James is a professional soccer player for the Houston Dash and The U.S woman's national team. She played for her home town team which was her greatest accomplishment ever. She was her parents pride and joy, well it was a tie with her brother, Tyler, who played baseball for the hometown team, The Astros.

Blake had always known about Taylor Swift, she was Blake's favorite artist ever. Any chance she had to bring Taylor up she would. Blake had attended both nights of the eras tour in Houston with some of her teammates.

A couple weeks after the concert, Blake appeared on a podcast were she revealed that she had made Taylor a friendship bracelet with her phone number but was heartbroken she didn't get a chance to personally give it to her. That had earned a fair amount of attention on TikTok and Twitter (or X). Over the weeks Taylors fans would still be talking about it.

And everyone would ask Blake about Taylor and if she had a chance to speak to her. Which she hadn't but they did have a mutual friend that Blake begged to give her number to Taylor. And she did, she received a text message from an unknown number one day after a hometown game.

Unknown number: So I heard that you've been trying to reach me?

Blake: If this is who I think it is, absolutely.

Unknown number: It is. When will you be in nyc?

Blake: I can literally get a flight there tonight. I don't have another game until next week.

Taylor: I'll be waiting for you then. Let me know when you get here.☺️

Blake: I'll see you soon😊

Blake didn't know if Taylor was looking for something serious or just having some fun. She knew that Taylor was going to be busy for the rest of the year and the next as well. She thought that this was probably going to be the only chance she would get and she couldn't let it go.

Blake got into nyc around 4 hours later, she checked in at a Tribeca hotel. It was already late but she decided to text Taylor.

Blake: Im here.

Taylor: Meet me Via Carota. It's gonna be empty but just go to the back door.

Blake: Be there soon.

Blake was nervous, she had never done something so spontaneous in her life. When she got to the back of the restaurant security had asked for her ID but then let her in. She saw Taylor sitting in a back table already smiling at her. Blake waved at her, and said "Hi! I'm glad we finally got a chance to meet." Taylor stood up and walked towards her giving her a hug. "I couldn't give up a chance to meet you! I've been following you since the whole bracelet thing came out. And I have to say, if I had known I would have had you backstage after the show."

Blake blushed and Taylors comment. They spend the night talking and enjoying themselves. They decided they were going to meet up again a couple days later before Blake went back home. The day of the second "date" Blake decided she was going to bring up what Taylor wanted out of this.

"So I know this is new but I just want to know what you want of of this. The ball is in your court, I've seen you rock out in Houston, maybe you could come see me play there too and then you can decide what you want out of this?"

"I think that's a great idea. I will have you know before though that I'm very focused on my career and the tour. I'll be busy until next year with the tour and I'll be releasing my re-recorded albums and maybe new ones too. I got out of a 6 year relationship and I've just been looking for fun but if its going the way it's going maybe we can be more serious about this."