Baby Momma

no ones pov

Aurora and Taylor had been together for almost 10 years. They never married because they didn't believe they needed to wed in order to prove their love. But they did share two kids, Ryder and Iris. Ryder was 3 and Iris was 6 months old.

When Iris was 2 months old, Aurora's whole world came crashing down. "I'm breaking up with you." It happened on a random Sunday night, the day was perfect. They took Ryder to the nearby park and had a little picnic. So you could imagine the terror Aurora felt when Taylor said those words. "What?" Aurora responded, shocked. "I'm moving out. This is over. We can figure out a schedule for the kids sometime in the week." Aurora didn't say anything, her mind still not processing what had just happened.

Aurora had never seemed to pick up the fact that Taylor had been distanced from her and the kids. Aurora was always with the kids so it wasn't her fault she never noticed when Taylor would go away to answer a call or would quickly hide her phone when she was near her. Taylor would be mostly locked up in her music studio, never really bothering to help around the house or with the kids. But Aurora knew Taylor worked hard, she was the one making the money, she was the one paying for this house and for her kids stuff, the least she could do is clean around and care for the kids by herself. Either way she liked doing it and she could never complain about caring for her children.

But what would bother her was that Taylor never seemed to want to spend time with alone Ryder (and then Iris when she was born). Anytime Aurora would walk away for a bit, even to the bathroom, Taylor would make her take the kids. She always wanted to say something but she went against it. She never had a day to herself since Ryder had been born, Taylor didn't like it when she would leave the kids with her parents. Aurora wondered why Taylor would be like that with the kids, she was the one who suggested they have them in the first place.

Taylor moved out two days later and she had left before Aurora had the chance to talk to her about the co-parenting situation. They had been living in Richmond, England and Taylor had told her she would be in New York now most of the time. Taylor would see the kids around 3 times a month.

It was now 6 months later, Iris's birthday to be exact. The party was almost over the only thing they needed to do was the birthday cake and Taylor was nowhere to be found. It broke Auroras heart, how could she be late to her kids birthday? Taylor was not interested in the party planning at all, just like she had been for Ryders last 3 birthdays. As much as Aurora asked she never gave any input or even answered, in fact Taylor hadn't responded to her for the last month. No calls or texts.

"Nothing?" Andrea had asked Aurora, who shook her head. "I'm sorry honey, I'm not sure what she's up to right now. She also hasn't called me in a while. Let's just forget about it and give your baby the best birthday." Aurora had walked back into the house to grab the cake when she heard the doorbell ring. It was Taylor.

"Sorry we lost track of time." Aurora had noticed the woman standing behind Taylor. "Everyone is in the backyard" Aurora responded with a fake smile. "This is Olivia by the way, my fiancé." Wait what? Aurora wasn't sure she heard that right. Fiancé? "Nice to meet you. I'm Aurora, I'm sure you know I'm the baby mama." The woman smiled and nodded. Taylor and Olivia made their way outside while Aurora went to get the cake. She could hear Ryders excited yells for his momma.

"Mumma! You here! Missed you!"

Aurora's heart broke when she saw Taylor didn't make an attempt to pick him up or hug him. He hugged her legs and all she did was pat him in the back, not even saying she missed him as well. Andrea and Aurora's mom, Emma, noticed the look on Aurora's face when this happened. They could help but feel pity for the girl. Taylor didn't even greet Iris or wished her a happy birthday.