What if...they got engaged

-continuing the what if storyline (That's the ring Hayden got. just pretend its the same in the photos for the social media part.)

no ones pov 

      Hayden had a ring. Actually she's been having a ring since before they moved into their new home. She bought it when she was walking through the city, she saw a jewelry store and decided to walk in just to have a look. But her plans changed the moment she saw the most beautiful ring, it was delicate and simple and it was exactly what Hayden thought Taylor would love. It was a yellow gold band and it had a diamond in the middle and 3 more smaller diamonds to the sides of the main middle diamond. It was a little pricey but Hayden would spend any amount of money for Taylor. 

     They had moved into their new home two months ago. It was both of their dream home. It was basically a ranch, they had bought surrounding land just in case they wanted to build anything one day. The house itself was not huge, it had 5 rooms, 4 bathrooms, and a half bath. The floor plan was open concept so they could see basically the whole house from the kitchen, all but one of the rooms were upstairs. Taylor had begun getting in contact with an architect because she wanted to build a music space for herself and she wanted it to be perfect.

     Hayden was just happy that all of them were finally all together. She was happy, her kids were happy, its all she wanted. It didn't take her by surprise when Luke started calling Taylor mama. Taylor cried the first time he said it, later on that night Hayden talked about it with her and Taylor was just just happy that the kids saw her as a parental figure. 

     She had a long phone call with her mom about it, she was smiling from ear to ear the whole time. She took the whole mama thing seriously, which she had to, but she was new to the whole thing and she didn't want to mess anything up. Hayden reassured her all the time and that tended to make things better. The only thing she didn't want any business doing was the discipline, Amelia was becoming a little rebel and anytime she had to go to time out it would break Taylors heart. 

      Their backyard was decked out with kids play toys and playhouses that Hayden had built. She got lucky with Taylor the night she built that, Taylor couldn't stop thinking about how hot she looked building stuff for their kids. Their kids. It made Taylors heart race just thinking about it, there were no words to describe how happy she was.

    They never talked about marriage but they sure acted like they were married. Hayden was fine with getting married again, it was Taylor the love of her life she would do anything for that woman. Taylor had never really thought of herself getting married, she wasn't against the idea of it. It was just the fact that she had a busy career and she was mostly always on the road. But ever since she got with Hayden she had put her career on a temporary hold, it would probably last about two years and her team fought her on it but she needed it, she had worked hard since she was a teenager.

     Of course she was still making music and she wasn't against releasing some but she definitely wasn't going to tour anytime soon. She didn't know Hayden bought a ring until one day when she was looking through Haydens bed side table. She was looking for extra batteries for one of Amelias toys and Hayden had told her she had some in her drawer somewhere. Hayden completely forgot about the ring in the drawer. 

     Taylor found it. Of course she did, it was a black box she knew what it was. She opened the box and stared at it for a few minutes until she heard Hayden, "hey did you find th- oh, you found it."

       Fuck. How could she forget about the ring? "I'm sorry, I forgot it was there." Taylor had tears in her eyes. "I was going to ask you soon. If you don't want it, it's okay. We don't have to do that we can just stay the way we are okay? Please don't cry, I'm sorry."