Different strategies - Part 2

Start from the beginning

Bada sighed softly, realizing that Lusher had a point. She knew she needed to strike a balance between protecting her team and allowing them the space to grow and build relationships with others in the competition. "I know, I know," Bada admitted in a hushed tone. "I will work on it. I'm sorry. It's just so early in the competition, and I would rather be too cautious than something dumb happening. I still don't have a good understanding of who is playing the reputational game or here for dance. Imagine Tatter finds herself in a bad press situation. I have no clue to what extent people could go or any ideas on how it could materialize itself. But before I have a good grasp of who's playing how in this competition, I am playing it safe."

Lusher nodded in understanding but eyeing kindly Tatter and giving her a thumbs-up, trying to let her know she was there for her.

On their way to the bubble tea shop, Tatter kept quiet, trying to make Bada understand that she was mad at her a reaction. Bada could tell and tried to make amends "I'm sorry, you know I trust you it's just because it's the beginning of the competition, I swear I won't be like this all the time".

"Well you better, because I am not putting up with that during the entire competition". Tatter retorted, her frustration evident. Yep, probably deserved winced Bada.

"At least you better play nice," Tatter added, glaring at the taller girl.

As the girls entered the bubble tea shop, Amaia was already there and looked up, surprised to see two figures.

"Hi Tatter, Hi Bada...?" Amaia greeted, a hint of confusion in her voice.

"Hello, Amaia. I hope you don't mind Bada decided to join last minute," Tatter explained, giving Bada a not so subtle side-eye. Bada replied with a curt "Hello."

Tatter attempted to dissolve the initial awkwardness between them. "So, Amaia, what's your typical order?"

"Well, actually, I've only had bubble tea once in my life."

Tatter was genuinely surprised. "You have to be kidding me! They don't have it where you're from, right? By the way, where are you from?"

"I'm originally from Spain, I live in Barcelona. Let's say that bubble tea is not exactly a culinary specialty there, even though there are some places. I didn't really have the opportunity to try it."

"I mean, it makes sense, but I can't imagine! You said you've tried it once though?" Tatter asked, intrigued.

Amaia explained, "Yes, since I've been living in LA for a year now, Audrey actually brought me to a place she loved, and I just ordered what she got, which I have absolutely no clue what it was. So I'll have what you have, I guess." Tatter laughed and assured her, "No worries, I'll try to explain to you a bit how it works."

While the girls chatted about different bubble tea flavors, Bada remained mostly silent, only speaking to order her own drink. She could feel Tatter's occasional glares directed her way. She knew how silly the situation was, given that she had nothing against Amaia, who wasn't even aware that she would be joining them. However, she couldn't find it in herself to jump into the conversation and kept up her cautious facade.

"Oh this is very good! Thanks girl ! " Amaia said to Tatter after taking a few sips of her drinks

"Better than last time?" said Tatter

"Definitely but don't tell Audrey I told you!" answered Amaia jokingly. She kept the conversation going: "What about you Tatter have you always lived in Seoul ?"

"Pretty much yeah , I really like to hear and my parents travel a lot so I've been able to discover many countries with them" she replied nicely

"That's great, have you ever been to Europe ?" continued Amaia