48 | unfortunate timing

Start from the beginning

I ponder his words for a few moments. Is he really trying to change his world for me?

"Anyway," Dante rasps as we walk through a pair of oak trees. "All I'm saying is, that man has it bad for you."

A chuckle escapes my lips. "Well thanks for noticing," I mumble.

"You guys really aren't discrete by any means."

I press a hand to his shoulder but he doesn't even move. "Whatever."

"You're weak." He comments.

"Yeah, because I haven't trained in forever."

A man turns down the path we're walking towards, with a dark hood over his head and his eyes to the floor. Dante tenses and steps closer to me. At first I feel a little apprehensive but it's probably nothing, just someone walking home without wanting to look at people in public.

I tighten my fists in my coat regardless and I feel Dante's stare turn hard on the person.

As he walks by, Dante switches places with me so he's on the side with the man. In a split second he glances up and pulls out a syringe from his pocket, swinging it straight towards me. Dante pushes me away and punches him in the gut, knocking the syringe from his hand and into the leaves.

I stand there startled as Dante growls and punches him again, this time in the face. Dark crimson blood trickles from his nose and onto the ground. I grit my teeth as Dante looks up at me. "Look away." I do.

The next thing I hear is the sounds of bones crunching.

He broke his neck.

Dante then grabs me. "We need to get back to the house. Now." He demands and I nod.

We run towards the house and my throat seizes up when I see three men prowl towards us. "Shit," I shake and turn around. Only to find more men behind us. "Dante, what do we do?"

He pulls out the gun from his waistband only for them to start charging at us. He fires off towards the one closest to us, he tumbles to the ground like dead weight. More gunshots go off in the air but he doesn't have enough ammunition right now to kill them all off.

My blood runs cold and I begin to panic. I turn behind me as one draws a gun and aims it directly at my face. Shit. I should run. But he's going to shoot me down. I raise my arms in surrender because I don't know what to do when you're ganged up on by six men.

There isn't much you can do.

Dante grabs me and twists, shooting his gun towards the men behind us.

Then when he presses the trigger and it doesn't go off, I want to scream in fear.

"Goddamn it," he growls.

He throws the gun towards the nearest man, clocking him on the head but it doesn't knock him out. He stumbles and flashes us a deathly glare, then they all charge. Dante tries to fight them off but it's no use, one of them grabs my arm and thrusts me into the ground with force.

My face hits the floor and I wriggle in their grip, trying to get out and scream as loud as possible.

Dante attempts to fight himself out of the four other men, trying to get back to me but there is no use. A gun is pointed at his temple and the trigger is pulled. I cry out for him as blood seeps out of the wound and he tumbles to the floor.

"Dante," I sob. "Dante!"

I glance as he lies lifelessly on the floor, eyes wide open and his face full of sorrow. No no no no no no no. This isn't happening. This isn't fucking happening right now.

I'm turned over in the dirt and a fist collides with my cheek. I whimper at the burning sensation of my flesh, pulsating as he hits me again but this time on the mouth. My lips collide with my teeth and blood runs into my mouth.

A cry escapes the back of my throat. "Get off me," I grumble. "Get off me!"

Soon I'm being dragged across the floor, my coat pulling up and my bare back is exposed to the rough ground. I clench my teeth at the sensation until we finally stop. The men back away until I am faced with the one man I truly feared.

Landon.

He smirks down at me and bends down to caress my face, over my new throbbing wounds. "Oh look at you," he chimes with an evil smirk. "So beautiful. Even more beautiful with those cuts."

I narrow my eyes and gather spit in the back of my mouth before aiming it straight for his eye. He flinches from me, my saliva dripping down his nose. He scrunches up his face and wipes it away with a glare.

"You're going to wish you never did that."

"Fuck you," I hiss through my teeth.

He raises his fist and punches me twice as hard as the last guy. I see stars in my mind and I feel my body turn numb from the pain. No, don't pass out. Don't pass out.

"It seems like you need a lesson in submission," he grips the back of my hair as I blink through my blurry gaze.

I hold back my cry. I don't want to give him that satisfaction.

"I've always wanted to know what your flesh tasted like," he licks his lips and glances down at my core.

A quiet whimper escapes my lips as I screw my eyes shut, feeling my face heat up and throb in every place.

"Take her in the van," Landon growls as he stands up. "Gabriel and Lonzo are going to love seeing this."

I'm hoisted roughly into someone's arms as I'm carried away, too weak to attempt to fight back when it'll only land me with more injuries.

I attempt to clench my fists as I am thrown into the back of a van, the doors slammed in my face. I glance up at the darkness and pray that whatever is about to go down, that Lonzo and Gabriel make it out alive.

✧✧✧

Read the rest of the book, bonus chapters and 44 chapters of Gabriel's book over on Patreon!

www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher
Link is also in bio!

Author's Note

AHHHH did you guys think Dante was a snake? He fought so hard and writing his death actually broke me. ugh.😭

What did you guys think of this chapter?👉🏼👉🏼👉🏼

I'm proud of Alexia for fighting but being outnumbered by violent men must be so fucking terrifying.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed!🌟

Love Savanna x

Insta: savannaroseauthor
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: SavannaWritess