Nico x Ellie- Nothing Left to Say

(Nico's P.O.V)

I buried myself father in my Aviator jacket and sat on the edge of my bed, it was another one of my bad days. The gaping hole in my chest was ripped open even more as the memory of Bianca ran through my mind. Percy promised me, he had promised me he would take care of her. Apparently they didn't matter.

My fists clenched and my jaw tightened, I needed a release and fast. Quickly I got up and grabbed my iPod plugging in the earphones and sticking them in my ears. My fingers scrolled through the song list, after about five minutes I still couldn't choose a song so I sighed and hit shuffle. Of course, the first song that popped up was Nothing Left to Say.

Who knows how long I've been awake now?
The shadows on my wall don't sleep. They keep calling me. Beckoning.

I laid on my bed and watched as dark morphing shadows played along the cabin wall, beckoning me to leave. I closed my eyes and curled up in a ball trying to block out the darkness.

Who knows what's right? The lines keep getting thinner.
My age has never made me wise.

But I keep pushing on, and on, and on, and on.

The darkness was still there. Enveloping me, consuming me. I hugged my knees to my chest, shivering. Memories of Bianca still in the back of my mind, slowly pushing their way to the surface.

There's nothing left to say now.

I'm giving up, giving up, hey hey, giving up now.

I was giving up. There was nothing left to say about her death. I couldn't rant, I couldn't cry, I couldn't get angry. Bianca was gone and there was nothing I could do or say. I was giving up.

Below my soul I feel an engine.
Collapsing as it sees the pain.

If only I could shut it out.

If only I could shut the memories out. If only I could forget that promise that was broken so long ago. . .I couldn't.

I've come too far to see the end now.
Even if my way is wrong. I keep pushing on, and on, and on.

That's how I cope. Pushing everyone away. I didn't care if it was wrong, if I was wrong. It helped with the pain. If you don't get attached, you can't get hurt.

There's nothing left to say now.

I'm giving up, giving up, hey hey, giving up now.

Sleep envelopes me and I drift in darkness. I feel nothing, hear nothing. Numb. That's what I want. To feel numb.

I keep falling, I keep falling down.

I fall. Grasping at nothing but darkness. Wind tearing at my clothes and hair. Just like Tartarus. I had nothing. Then. . .she appeared. Ellie. Her long brown hair framed her beautiful face, bright green eyes sparkled behind glasses. She was surrounded by a warm yellow glow, reaching out to me.

If you could only save me.
I'm drowning in the waters of my soul.

I hit water. Cold dark water sucking the breath out of me. I couldn't swim, I was drowning. Sinking rapidly, I clawed at the water. Previous air bubbles escaping my lips. She couldn't save me.

Ellie kept reaching out, tears streaming down her tan cheeks. "Nico!" She cried.
I was sucking in water, the freezing liquid filling my lungs making me choke.

There's nothing left to say now.

I'm giving up, giving up, hey hey, giving up now.

No. I couldn't give up. Ellie was trying, trying to help me. And I needed her, she was the light that brought me out of darkness, the only happiness in my soul.

I reached up. My legs kicked and I pushed upward nearing her. The warm golden glow guiding me. The surface was so near, my lungs screaming for air.

Ellie. Her name drove me forward.

Ellie. My light.

Ellie. My heart.

Ellie. My love.

I broke the surface. My head tossed back gasping for air, beautiful, previous air.

"Nico!" Ellie smiled, her hand right in front of me. Had she been that close? It didn't matter, I reached out and grasped her soft warm hand and she hulled me out of the water. The strange thing was, I wasn't wet.

I collapsed next to her sucking in gulps of air, Ellie sat up and tackled me into a hug, her brown hair tickling my neck. I then did the only thing I could do, I cried.
"Ellie," I sobbed and she held me tighter shushing me. My tears spilling from my eyes onto her shoulder.

"I'm here, I'm here," she reassured. My grip tightened around her and I buried my face more into her neck. Saying the one thing I absolutely knew for sure.

"I love you,"

Ellie chuckled and pulled away, freckles sprouting on her nose, green eyes melting into a warm brown, her hair braiding over her shoulder. Bianca.

"I know you do mio caro. I love you too, but you need to let go." Bianca said. More tears streamed down my cheeks and she wiped them away with her thumb. "Nico I'm gone fratellino, you just need to accept that. Percy cannot be blamed for my death, and neither can you. Please, let me go."

My heart clenched but I nodded. Bianca was right, I needed to let go. Sniffling I wiped away the rest of my tears and hugged her one last time.

"Okay, okay sorella maggiore. I. . .I'll let go."

She smiled, that smile that brightened my day every time I saw her. Bianca kissed my cheek then was gone, her touch still lingering. She had faded away. The pain in my heart lessened, but the tears didn't stop flowing, and I opened my eyes.
•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Nico!" Ellie screamed shaking me awake. I gasped and sat up, iPod toppling to the floor. I was shaking and crying. Ellie sighed with relief and held me close, I hugged back burying my face in her neck.

"Sorry, sorry," I sobbed.

"Don't be, it's okay." She whispered stroking my back. "Nightmare again?"

I shook my head and sniffled. "No, no something else."

Ellie pulled away and stared into my eyes. "Do. . .do you want to talk about it?"

I bit my bottom lip. The dream replayed in my mind, I had let her go. And only I could understand that.

"No, no I don't want to talk. I just. . .I just need company."

Ellie nodded, "Okay, if that's what you need."

Her arms wrapped around my waist and I set my head on her chest closing my eyes. Her warmth melting the cold off of me. I loved her, and I had to tell her. I lifted my head and looked into her bright green eyes.

"Ti amo,"

Ellie titled her head to the side confused, "What does that mean?"

I chuckled and laid my head back onto her chest. "Don't worry about it." And fell asleep.