Mr Sams - Shelby would you like to come and solve this problem on the board?

Shelby - Sure.

( She says nervously worried that everyone is gonna make fun of her, which they probably will. She slowly walks up to the front of the class taking the dry erase marker from Mr Sams and reading the question he's written on the board. I can't believe he let her touch that marker, now he's going to have to bleach it. A kid in our class wads up a piece of paper and throws it at her when Mr Sams wasn't looking, when students tell her to hurry up she starts writing. I knew it was the wrong answer and a lot of other people did too because they started laughing and asking "Is she serious?" "What is she doing?" )

Mr Sams - Everyone be quiet and let her write an answer to the question please.

( I huff when I see it's been five minutes for her to answer ONE simple question. God, she's so stupid. )

Olivia - Can I answer this so we can move on?

( I ask raising my hand. )

Mr Sams - If you would like to come up to the board and help her, you may.

( I walk up to the board and she tries to hand me the marker. )

Olivia - Mr Sams, can I please have another marker?

( He nods and hands me a different marker and I quickly write down the answer and return to my seat. Students say "Finally!" "Shelby would've never written the right answer like that." )

Mr Sams - That's correct, good job Olivia and nice try Shelby.

( She walks back to her seat with tears in her eyes. Is she serious?! In the middle of class Mr Sams informs us that he has to run to the office real quick and that we can talk quietly until he gets back but to stay in our seats. See? He's cool most of the time. He leaves and all students begin to talk amongst ourselves. )

Reddy - Could she get any slower in the head? I guess those boogers aren't fueling her brain.

( A lot of students laugh. I think that's kind of hypocritical of Reddy because he's supposed to be in Shane's grade but he's been held back, but since he's talking about Shelby who's a complete nuisance, I'll let it slide and not say anything. By the time class ends she runs out sobbing. This is high school, she has to get used to people making fun of her and if she doesn't want to get made fun of she should shower and NOT pick her boogers and eat them in public. Ew! Jamie and I walk out together and talk about what happened in class until I go to Lola's and Sophie's dorm. )

Olivia - Hey guys.

Sophie - Hey girl.

Lola - Hey, here's that stuff.

( She says handing me two water bottles filled with this nasty green looking liquid. It's basically a bunch of healthy vitamins and minerals that apparently help you lose weight. Lola said she lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks drinking it. So we shall see. I thank her and talk to her about Shelby's weirdo behavior for a few minutes then tell her and Sophie bye and make my way back to Jamie and I's dorm room. When I walk in I see Felipe and Jamie sitting on her bed talking. )

Felipe - Hey kid.

Olivia - Hey.

( I sit down on my bed as well and try the concoction that Lola made, it's so nasty I almost spit it out. )

Jamie - What is that drink?

Olivia - Some healthy drink Lola made.

( Felipe looks confused and walks over to me taking the bottle and looking at it. )