14 / Girl

The next morning Minho woke up slightly hungover. His head hurt, but the memories were still there. He cursed himself for not drinking more so he wouldn't have had to remember at all. He laid in his bed for a moment before checking his phone. He noticed a text from his mom from a few minutes prior asking for him to go pick up some groceries. Of course he didn't want to at all, but he sluggishly got up from his bed and changed to go to the store with the shopping list.

He walked in the doors, grabbing a small basket. He walked sluggishly down the aisles picking up anything he needed from the list. He walked looking down at the list as he hit something. His head lifted up to see a girl. She was a tad bit shorter than him with bleached short hair.

"You alright?" She asked with a smile on her face, noticing the boy looked quite rough. He stared at her for a moment before remembering he needed to reply.

"Oh yes." He nodded, "I'm sorry ma'am." He bowed quickly.

"Oh it's okay." She laughed, "But make sure you keep your head up." She slightly lifted his chin a little. Which gave him a small smile.

"I will." He nodded, "Lee Minho." He held his hand out.

"Jung Kyungmi." She took his hand, "Are you sick?" She asked afterwards, "Do you need help getting your groceries?"

"No no." He spoke, "I just... Had a night last night."

"Is everything okay?" She asked, looking concerned.

"Yeah. Nothing I should be talking to a stranger about." He gave a sad smile, still not quite understanding the events from the night prior.

"Well, I don't have to be a stranger." She looked sweetly into his eyes, "We could get to know eachother more. Maybe." She looked at him waiting for a reply. His mind immediately thought of what Hana might think if he saw the two together. What if he'd lose her forever and he would never be able to talk to her again? What if she got jealous and wanted him again? Did he want her? He noticed the girl looking at him again and thought the shot was worth it. He knew Hana was too similar to him and if he wanted her to come back to him, he had to make her overwhelmingly want him.

And so the game continues.

He and Kyungmi talked for a while as they walked around the store, finishing their grocery lists. He had found out she was a second year, the same age as Changbin at a different school. The two continued to get to know eachother as they made their way to the register.

"Hey there's this coffee shop not too far away." Kyungmi smiled, "Would you like to come with me?"

"I'd love to." He replied with a smile.

———

"Hana wake up you have work in twenty minutes!" Aera yelled.

"How the hell do you know my work schedule?!" Hana groaned, "Hyunjae said I was off!"

"Hyunjae told me last night before we went to go find you." She laughed a little.

"Ugh that guy." She rolled her eyes as she sluggishly got out of bed, "Where's everyone else?"

"Jisue woke up earlier and is downstairs with everyone else." She answered as she helped her sister find her suitable work clothes, "I told them they could hang out for a while."

"What time is it?" Hana asked.

"Uhm." Aera pulled out her phone, as she turned it on her eyes went wide, "It's one!?" She exclaimed, "I thought it was twelve! Well now you're thirty minutes late for work." She shrugged at her sister.

"Goddamn it!" Hana rushed to get her clothes and shoes on. The bags under her eyes had to work for the day. Her hair got thrown up into a claw clip. She basically flew down the stairs and ran to the door.

"Good morning." Chan laughed as he noticed how rushed she was.

"Morning." She yelled as she threw her shoes on.

"Have fun at work!" Jisue giggled as well.

"Yeah yeah!" She slammed the door behind her.

———

"Mooni?" He said as they stopped in front of the cafe.

"I've wanted to go here for so long! Have you been?" Kyungmi smiled widely.

"Uh. Yeah." He spoke, praying that Hana wasn't working today. She couldn't be right? Not after last night. The two walked in and ordered their drinks. The shop had a few other people in there and there was only one person working. Minho noticed him as the guy from the party before.

"Oh hey!" Hyunjae smiled, "You doing okay today bud?" He asked Minho.

"You know him?" Kyungmi asked.

"Uh. Yeah." Minho spoke, "My head hurts a bit." He answered Hyunjaes question.

"Me too." He laughed, "Who's this?" He turned to the girl beside him.

"I'm Kyungmi." The girl smiled, "We just met at the supermarket and I asked if he wanted to go on a little date." She turned to Minho and smiled at him.

"Wow already?" Hyunjae laughed a little, "You really are a heartbreaker." He mumbled.

"Already?" Kyungmi looked confused, "What do you mean?"

"Oh no-" Hyunjae was cut off by the door slamming open,

"Oh my god I'm so sorry I'm late! My sister woke me up late and I didn't even know I was supposed to come in and-" She ran behind the counter and stopped as soon as her eyes met with Minho's. She then noticed the girl beside him, a little too close to him for her liking.

"Calm down Hana." Hyunjae laughed, "I'm late all the time it's a good switch for once. Now let me take their orders." He basically pushed her to the door to go to the back of the shop. After taking the orders he went back to go make the two drinks.

"Who the hell is that?" She whisper yelled.

"Apparently they're on a date. They met this morning at the supermarket." Hyunjae said. He looked at Hana's disappointed expression. "I guess the boy really is a heartbreaker."

"What? No. I'm not heartbroken. I don't even care." She rolled her eyes.

"You definitely like him."

"Psh." She said, "How could I ever like a guy like that?"

"You're not fooling me." Hyunjae spoke, "If you like him, talk to him."

"Absolutely not."

"How is it ever gonna work out then?"

"It's not."

"You don't want it to?"

"No. Well. No." She hesitated, "No. I don't." Hyunjae gave her a 'really?' expression before heading out to give the drinks.

"Who's that girl? And the guy?" Kyungmi asked.

"I went to a party last night and he's the one who hosted it." Minho took a sip of his drink, "And she... She just goes to my school."

"Mhm." She also took a sip, not buying it, "You guys seemed scared to see eachother."

"Yeah." He replied, "I guess I wasn't expecting her to be here."

"Is there some unfinished business or something?" She questioned.

"Uh, no. No. I barely even know her." That was partially true. He really didn't know anything about her for the most part. But in that moment he kind of longed to understand her and to actually know her.

A/N: Guys i've been writing A LOT this month and I have a lot of drafts now so maybe more updates will be coming sooner!!