4 / Desperation

She was going to play hard to get? Then he was going to play along by desperately wanting her. If she thought she'd won with the hard to get, maybe she'd finally let him take her out. Then she'll be susceptible to his charm, fall in love with him, and then boom. Minho would win the bet and her heart. Just like every other girl.

"You going to go talk to her?" Changbin nudged the boy who was in deep thought.

"Yeah." He replied nodding, "Wish me luck."

"I hope you fail!" Seungmin yelled.

"Hey." He said plainly as he walked up to Hana and Aera. Aera looked between the two of them.

"I'm going to go." She snuck off and went into the school building.

"Bye Aera." Hana smiled, but it quickly went away when she looked back at Minho.

"Look I-" He pretended to be nervous, "I wanted to know what you meant by 'work harder' yesterday."

"I mean work harder. l know my worth Lee Minho. If you want me." She leaned in closer to him, their lips incredibly close, "You better work for me." She whispered before leaning back away.
She gave him a petty smirk before starting to walk off. Which he stopped her.

"And how do I do that?" He asked with a slight sexiness behind his voice, probably hoping for some sexual answer. But he still tried to add a bit of desperation to keep the act going.

"Don't pretend like you don't know." She laughed before actually walking away. He honestly didn't know. Maybe what she needed was more. More desperation, more lust, more acting.

"That doesn't look like it ended well." Jisung laughed.

"She's going to take some time. It's a different situation than I'm usually put into." He spoke.

"Weren't you getting bored of the same 'oh Minho you're soooo sweet! I think I love you mwah mwah mwah!'" Changbin said in a girly voice.

"Yeah, but that was a lot easier." He said, "I better get something out of all this effort. Or at least an award for my acting." He said proudly.

"I didn't know the standards for acting were that low." Seungmin snickered, earning a glare from Minho.

———

She walked out of the class to go to lunch. She was walking close to the wall when a hand grabbed her and she fell into an empty class room. She was surprised, but when she saw who she was with, she wasn't. Minho had his hand still wrapped around her wrist. His body leaned over her as he shut the door with ease. He kept her like that. Her back to the door, his hand around her wrist, sort of pinning it down to the door. He was looking down at the floor as she looked at his face. They stayed like that for a second. No one speaking.

"How will I get you to go on a date with me?" He asked, now looking at her beautiful features, moving the hand he closed the door with to her cheek.

"I told you to work harder didn't I?" She gazed at him.

"But how do I do that?" He asked. He tried to sound as desperate as he could, hoping she'd fall into the trap.

"That's for me to know and for you to figure out." She patted his cheek with her free hand, "Now if you'll excuse me I would like to go ea-" As she tried to move away from him, he pushed her shoulder back. Now not only was he still holding her wrist, he had his hand pushing her shoulder against the door. She looked at him, like she knew he was going to do that. He looked between her eyes, before glancing down at her lips and then back up at her eyes.

"Do you mean I need to prove it to you?" He asked, breathlessly.

"I didn't know Lee Minho had it in him to be desperate for a girl." She laughed, "Do you want me that much more because I didn't give into your charms?" He was still glancing at her lips every few seconds, "Awe you want to kiss me." She cooed before using her free hand to pull him closer to her, she brought his ear to her mouth, "I know your tricks, pretty boy." She then pushed him away, he finally let go of her wrist as he looked at her for a moment. She flashed him a smirk before leaving the classroom.

"Yah! What took you so long!" Changbin whined. Minho looked at the table, and then around the room. He saw Aera was sitting with Hana and Jisue. He then sat down.

"I was making a move." He said.

"And let me guess. She said no." Seungmin laughed.

"She's way different than the girls I usually talk to." Minho spoke, "She doesn't get flustered. Ever. It's like she expects every move I make."

"Then give up on her." Hyunjin shrugged, "Find another girl."

"No i'm going to make her love me. I never said I wasn't up for the challenge." Minho laughed, "It'll be fun. I just need a different approach."

"Well what did you try this time?" Felix asked.

"She was playing hard to get so I tried to seem desperate. Sometimes that can make girls think they won. But she didn't buy it." He said, "Maybe I need to also play hard to get. Make her make a move."

"It's like chess." Jisung said.

"Do you even know how to play chess?" Seungmin asked.

"Of course I do."

"What does a knight do?"

"Fight. Duh."

"Why am I still here?"

"I have an idea." Hyunjin said, "My birthday is coming up. Maybe we can invite Aera and Hana to come over with all of you guys. That way we can get to know Aera more and you can do whatever the hell you're doing with her sister." Hyunjin smiled.

"I think it's worth a shot." Changbin said. All eyes then fell on Minho.

"It's your party. Who am I to tell you who to invite." Minho shrugged.

"What's going on with Minho?" Jisue asked.

"He's playing along with my hard to get plan. He's acting all desperate and stupid." She giggled, "It's so funny."

"You got him to be desperate for you?!" Jisue gasped, "Even if he's just playing along. You're a different breed girl."

"I learned a few things from my host sister back in America." She smiled.

"What's her name?"

"Harley." Hana replied, "She liked me because both of our names started with an H."

"She has a cute name." Jisue smiled.

"I'll have you meet her on a call sometime." Hana smiled, "She can be crazy but she was always super sweet to me."

A/N: I love the name Harley anywhosie here's the next part!!!