Reason Eight ; IV

YOUR EYES WIDENED. You parted your lips to speak before feeling a cold breeze flow through your body. You shivered fiercely as Levi immediately sat himself up,

Levi's tilted to the side as strands of charcoal hair fell over his grey eyes; he pulled his thick, navy jacket off of his shoulders as you sat up beside him, curious as to what he was doing.

You could feel a heavy weight press against your shoulders as he leaned over, placing his jacket over your body.

His warm, soft skin sent shivers down your spine as you watched the concentration in his face, taking his time to savour the moment. You enjoyed the feeling of his bare skin against yours as he put his jacket on you.

He slipped your arms through the sleeves as he helped you dress.

"There," His deep voice muttered, "Now you wont be so cold."

"But wont you be cold?"

"I never get cold," Levi scoffed cockily, "I'm basically immune."
You glanced down at his muscular arms as you realised they were covered in goosebumps from the chilly wind.

You buried your face into his jacket as the aroma of his cologne intoxicated your senses: the warmth he'd radiated into his jacket covered your skin. You savoured each moment, feeling yourself beam at the sensation you were getting from his jacket.

You yawned into his jacket as he sighed, "Come on, Y/N." He hoarsely groaned as he stood up, extending his arm out to help you up, "It's getting pretty late, I'll get you to bed."

He pulled you up from the concrete floor with ease as you struggled on your feet, feeling yourself stumble. His strong arms grabbed hold of you as he chuckled: "You okay there?"

You nodded before watching him prepare his gear to jump down to land.

The town-streets were somehow more desolate and silent than they were when you had left, the only noise coming from drunks who were celebrating the long weekend.

The balls of your feet were aching deeply from walking so much during the day as you slowed down your pace: your soles were on fire as you awkwardly hobbled a few meters behind Levi Ackerman.

After a few minutes Levi stopped walking with a sigh; "What?"

"What do you mean what?"

Levi shrugged before slowing his pace to match yours, "You've slowed down completely," He queried, "It's already four A.M., and if someone realises that a piece of gear has went missing during the night there will be suspicion."

"My feet are throbbing!" You whined, feeling slightly pathetic but too tired to care, "Can we sit down? Just for two minutes?"

Levi hesitated for a few moments as you stayed in place, tiredly yawning once more. He placed his finger against his lip for a moment in thought before beginning to walk closer to you.

He sighed, muttering: "Come on." Before getting down onto one knee in front of you, his back facing you. You tilted your head with confusion, waiting for him to elaborate, "I'll carry you on my back the rest of the way home."

"Oh, no, no.." You shook your head violently with embarrassment glowing on your face, "That's not happening.. you'll drop me."

Levi leaned closer to you, placing one of his hands against your chin to tilt your head to look at him, "I promise I won't, alright? I swear."

You gave him an uneasy look as he tried to think of something that would give you more faith in his natural strength.

"Listen, Erwin was 6,2 and pretty big-built, yet I managed to carry him before just fine." He shrugged, turning around as you reluctantly swallowed, "If I can hold him, I can sure-as-hell hold you. Just hold onto me and I'll lift you."

You uneasily pressed your hands against your Captain's shoulders, "If you drop me, I'll never forgive you."

Levi let out a short sigh as your arms wrapped around his shoulders, your hands dangling across his chest and neck as he looked over his shoulder to make sure you were ready.

"Well then, I suppose it's a good thing I won't drop you." He answered you calmly before you felt him hold onto your thighs, lifting you up from the floor with ease.

Your eyes widened, lips shut together tightly.

You pressed your head against his tiredly, looking down at the floor.

"Are you alright?" He began in his deep voice, doing a small 'jump' to push you higher on his back, "You need to stop underestimating how strong I am."

"I really do."

He held onto your thighs tighter before beginning to walk through the town with ease: you walked in mostly silence. Although, it was oddly comfortable: the night was peaceful and scenic as you felt the stars glow onto your skin.

Ever so often, Levi would talk for a short while. He would talk to you about something you were too tired to pay attention to. Although, despite this: he carried on, feeling genuine peace in his body as you wandered through the night.

He could hear you reply with a quiet grumble that his couldn't understand, only being able to make out pure gibberish as he smiled - appreciating your effort to communicate, despite being so exhausted.

You rested your head in the crevice of his neck. You could feel the heat of his body radiate onto your face as you weakly smiled against him.

He pulled you a little closer to him.

You slowly drifted into a deep slumber as his walking acted like a rock to help you sleep.

You both arrived back at the barracks almost an hour late as Levi snuck you both in, trying his best to not wake you up. He gritted his teeth whilst opening the door to your bedroom, trying this best to not wake you up from your peaceful sleep.

You grumbled something under your breath, beginning to wake up as he accidentally tripped over something, just catching himself in time and balancing.

"Eh-.. Levi? Where are we?" You mumbled against him: louder than either of you had anticipated.

He gently ran his fingers through your hair and down the back of your neck, managing to hold you with just one-arm and balance you on his back: "Shut up. Everyone else in the barracks is asleep." He whispered into your ear, his cheek against yours.

You began to feel your body be placed down onto the soft, duvets of your comfortable bed as you sighed with relief. An easy going smile eased its way onto your lips as you grinned.

Levi pulled the blankets over your body, resting his hand on your cheek as you smiled happily at the warmth.

Levi stared down at you, his fingers against your jaw as he pulled your face up slightly; he pressed his lips against your forehead - his lips were soft and warm against your cold skin.

The kiss lingered for a few seconds before he let go. You gently wrapped your fingers around the back of his neck, holding him close as he flinched at the coldness of your hands.

"Goodnight, Levi." You whispered.

"Goodnight.. Y/N." He whispered back, before leaving the room, quietly closing the door behind him.

𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭:

𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐣𝐢𝐠-𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐩𝐮𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞. 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫.

- 𝐋𝐞𝐯𝐢