Reason one ; II

YOU COVERED YOUR LIPS TO YAWN, watching Hange's eye immediately widen as they glanced at the clock at the end of the hallway.

The Commander gasped.

"Shit!" They exclaimed, "It's already past three in the morning!"

They pushed their body up from the floor, immediately extending their arm as you latched your hand onto theirs. They pulled you up with a surprising ease. Hange then offered you a nod and a familiar smile, gesturing for you to follow their lead.

"We should go to bed," Hange's voice softened as if scared of waking anyone else up; they leant closer to you as you walked, their whispers tickling your skin with each word, "You've got your first expedition back tomorrow.."

"Already? I won't even have time to unpack."

"You'll need your rest. I'll take you to your bed-!"

You groaned; "I haven't missed sleeping in a dorm with a hundred other girls.."

"Well-!"

"Ugh.." You groaned once more, "I can't deal with the noise, and having to wait until everyone has left the room just to change my clothes.."

"Well, you know-"

"And the snoring! Oh my Lord, the snoring..."

Hange's eyes rolled back playfully as they placed their hands on either hip, tilting their head: "You're terrible at interrupting, you know that, don't you?" The Commander teased as you awkwardly looked away, "Ever since we were kids!"

"Heh-.. sorry. Carry on, Zoë."

A smile lingered on their teeth as they sighed: "Thank you for your permission." They teased once more, a small giggle escaping their lips, "I've made an arrangement for you: since you are my best friend, after all."

"Go on."

"You know the spare office upstairs?"

You nodded: there had been a desolate, empty office on the top floor of the barracks since before you had even a become Scout. It was a cosily-small room with nothing but a birch-wood desk and a chair with a broken leg.

The once lavish, Ruby wallpaper had aged with chips and peeling patterns. The floorboards were caked in silver dust. Although, despite this, the large window remained as clear as ever: reflecting starlight that cascaded perfectly inside.

You had went inside for a summers nap during one of your first weeks as a Scout during training before being caught by a patrolling officer; you were punished greatly, but the sleep was really unforgettable. Although Hange called you 'dramatic' when you described it so.

Hange now smiled at you as you curiously watched, unsure on where they were going with this.

"Well.." Hange's smirk only grew as their arm slowly slithered around yours, both of you linked as you tightly walked, "It's yours!"

"Huh?"

"Since I got Historia's permission for you to come home, I got the help of Armin to renovate the office into a bedroom for you!" You both stopped walking as you felt your face immediately light up, "It's nothing spectacular, by any means.. but all the cobwebs are gone and it has all the things you need!"