Recap

✯ In this fan fiction, there is a group of elite Scouts referred to as 'the seven'. They were specifically hand picked by a higher power, based on skills and intelligence; they were chosen after the Colossal and Armoured titans first attack to protect the land and Castle of Lord Wald.

As you may have guessed, Y/N L/N was one of the seven selected. She was extremely popular amongst other Scouts, and was missed by her closest friends: Hange, Erwin, Nanaba, Mike and Moblit. Y/N and Erwin also briefly dated, however, decided to end things before it got serious due to their knowledge that Y/N would be soon leaving.

✯ At this point in the fan fiction, three and a half years passed since Y/N had left her friends to join 'the seven': and now Y/N has been asked to return to the Scouts within the walls.

On her first expedition back, she is briefly attacked by a titan before a mysterious 'hero' comes and saves her. Y/N, suffering from a concussion, can feel nothing but his hands on her as this 'stranger' tends to her wounds.

When she finally opens her eyes, Y/N is mesmerised by his beauty. Specifically, she's attached to his 'steel, cold eyes' (as you may have guessed, this is Levi...)

She asks the stranger: 'who are you?' Only to be met with his shocked expression as he whispers: 'You.. don't remember me?'

✯ Their relationship slowly progresses. Levi attempts to convince her that he had mistook her for someone else and they had never met, although, Y/N finds this difficult to believe. She constantly pries over this, but he refuses to give anything away.

✯ During the course of their friendship/relationship, they read together in the library, go cliff diving at a private lake that only Levi knows of, and complete their work together.

He begins to show a different side to himself that everyone else refuses to see: she believes that Levi is a genuinely kind-hearted individual, and even catches him smiling on occasion - although, everyone else can't truly believe it.

✯ They share their first kiss whilst on an expedition to villages surrounding the walls; they also shared a bed the previous night, where Levi admitted that he has never been in a relationship and lacks romantic knowledge.

Although! The group on the expedition all hear of the infiltration of the walls by the Colossal titan! They return home immediately to be met with the destruction and devastation that the titans had caused - as well as rumours of a boy who can turn into a titan.

✯ Days pass.

✯ Y/N is told by Erwin and Pixis that she signed a contract that stated, 'when requested, she must return as soon as possible to secure the land and estate of Lord Wald' and that she has been ordered to return immediately. She tearfully begs to stay, but is denied.

✯ Levi finds out and is angry that Y/N didn't tell him. She leaves at just 6:00 A.M. the next morning, leaving them no time to say goodbye. He tells her that she is truly the only person he has ever loved, and that he isn't sure what to do without her if she leaves him. They kiss again, and he asks her to 'spend the night with him' (if you're catching my drift...)

✯ During their final goodbyes, she asks him one more time how they knew each other. He caves in and agrees that she deserves to know after all this time.

✯ It's revealed that when Levi first joined the Scouts and before Y/N left for Lord Wald, Levi had suffered a bad injury following the deaths of his friends. He was too full of pride to ask for help, and Scouts were too afraid to offer it: apart from Y/N.

She tended to Levi's wounds, refusing to acknowledge him when he said that he was 'fine': in the future, Y/N refuses to let Levi tend to her wounds, but Levi carries on anyway (this was a parallel that I don't think anyone noticed - so fun fact for you).

Quote from reason 4, part 2: "Next time you're in pain and I find out that you're hiding it," His voice made chills run down your body as it awakened you back into reality, "There will be consequences. I don't give a damn if others need attention more: if you don't tell me, I'll be pissed."

Following this, Levi caught feelings for Y/N and planned to talk to her and confess his feelings. However, as soon as he planned to confess, Erwin told him that she had already left.
Y/N is shocked that they'd met before, and is even more shocked that she can't remember.

✯ Y/N and Levi share one last kiss before she leaves him.